OA Premium updates

queenslander

I see from thread http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/3363-using-oa-v40044-free-questions/ that the latest version of OA is 4.5.1.431.

My Premium shows version 4.5.0.234.

Now I know that updates are rolled out over a period of time, but from Oct '10 to now seems to be rather a long time for mine to be updated. Or is it just that display of the version number doesn't change?

I'll wait for a reply before trying a manual update.

I'm also curious about this.

I downloaded and installed 4.5.1.431 (and that's what shows in the GUI). A couple of days ago I did an update and quite a few files were downloaded and installed (even requiring a restart), but the version number hasn't changed.

This could be awkward when asking for technical support, as you are asked (for very obvious reasons) what version you are running when you start a ticket. I'm running a version of 4.5.1.431, but I can't be any more specific. Is there anywhere else to look for the version number?

I see from thread http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/3363-using-oa-v40044-free-questions/ that the latest version of OA is 4.5.1.431.

My Premium shows version 4.5.0.234.

Now I know that updates are rolled out over a period of time, but from Oct '10 to now seems to be rather a long time for mine to be updated. Or is it just that display of the version number doesn't change?

I'll wait for a reply before trying a manual update.

Yeah, it definitely should have happened by now if it was going to. It has happened at times that the version number hasn't changed, but that's probably less likely to be the case. I'm not sure why it hasn't automatically updated yet, although people seem to find they have less trouble if they set the update frequency to be shorter than "Every Day". Possibly, how often the computer is turned on might affect the "Every Day" setting.

I'm also curious about this.

I downloaded and installed 4.5.1.431 (and that's what shows in the GUI). A couple of days ago I did an update and quite a few files were downloaded and installed (even requiring a restart), but the version number hasn't changed.

This could be awkward when asking for technical support, as you are asked (for very obvious reasons) what version you are running when you start a ticket. I'm running a version of 4.5.1.431, but I can't be any more specific. Is there anywhere else to look for the version number?

Those files were minor updates to specific files only. The version number of the program doesn't change in this instance so you would just quote the version listed on the GUI and you'd be given further instructions if other information on specific file versions was needed.

people seem to find they have less trouble if they set the update frequency to be shorter than "Every Day". Possibly, how often the computer is turned on might affect the "Every Day" setting.

Update is set to "every hour", and the computer is on most of the day. I'll do a "check for updates",see what happens and give feed back.

If you right click some of the files in the OA folder, such as oaserv.exe and choose "Properties" and check the Version tab, it may give an indication of whether the GUI is reporting the wrong version number or whether it just hasn't updated from some odd reason. In that case you could download the installer manually from here http://www.online-armor.com/downloads.php and do an upgrade install and see if that fixes it :)