Dimis

docx files are too small

Recommended Posts

Dear friends

First of all i'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the excellent job you've done! I've decrypted almost all my photos and videos. They were infected by .verasto and .hrosas. Still i've encrypted my .pdf files, but there's a problem for the .docx files. The ones i have are too small for finding a proper pair (over 150 kb). Is there any other solution?

Thanks in advance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Dimis said:

The ones i have are too small for finding a proper pair (over 150 kb). Is there any other solution?

Unfortunately there's no way around this. The files used for the file pair need to be a minimum of 150 KB, otherwise they can't be used to generate a proper keystream for decryption. If the files were too small, you'd end up with incomplete decryption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GT500 said:

Unfortunately there's no way around this. The files used for the file pair need to be a minimum of 150 KB, otherwise they can't be used to generate a proper keystream for decryption. If the files were too small, you'd end up with incomplete decryption.

So sad! I had almost everything decrypted (thanks to your excellent work) except of a few docx files, mostly with .hrosas extension. For the .verasto ones i had a proper pair so i've decrypted the most of them.

Anyways, thanks for the reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dimis said:

I had almost everything decrypted (thanks to your excellent work) except of a few docx files, mostly with .hrosas extension.

Is your largest file pair also the largest DOCX file you have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GT500 said:

Is your largest file pair also the largest DOCX file you have?

Yes. I have a docx pair (about 4.8 mb) but with .verasto extension. I think is the biggest. All .hrosas docx files are less than 100 kb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dimis said:

Yes. I have a docx pair (about 4.8 mb) but with .verasto extension. I think is the biggest. All .hrosas docx files are less than 100 kb

Send us the largest file pairs you have with .hrosas extensions, and we'll try too add keystreams for them. The decrypter won't be able to decrypt anything larger than your file pairs, but anything smaller should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GT500 said:

Send us the largest file pairs you have with .hrosas extensions, and we'll try too add keystreams for them

Million thanks!!!! You're an angel! So much appreciated! I'll send you inbox with the files

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention this the other day, so I'll mention it now in case anyone else reads this. DOCX files are ZIP archives which contain other files, and if you have a file pair for a ZIP archive that meets the file size requirement then that should allow for decryption of DOCX and XLSX files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.