Sign in to follow this  
Vaibhav2913

".erif file" ransomware djvu tool didnt worked for me.

Hello sir, 

I have 3 days before my laptop got infected due to this ".erif file" djvu ransomware it infected all my data everything images, docx, pdfs, music files even movies file.
For help and solution i wrote my query/issue in microsoft support and from their fellow i got suggested your decrypting tool i downloaded from your site and used but it didnt worked so i searched for youtube videos  for solution and from there i found one video i have decribed it below       
https://youtu.be/9kELcAnVtPQ

That person mentioned some system id folder in which it has a file containing two lines if there us "t1" in the end of 1st line then it is offline attack and if "t1" is in 2nd line then it is online attack. So According to that person your tool doesnt doesnt decrypt data which is attacked online.. So can you help me with my problem how can i decrypt my data/files using your tool. I am attaching some files for your reference. I hope you will help me ASAP. I tried to attach video and pdf file bt it showing error.

online-Exa-syste.docx.erif IMG-20190924-WA0011.jpg.erif

Edited by GT500
Removed link.

Don't follow advice you find in YouTube videos or random online tutorials unless a ransomware expert recommends it. Just in the first 2 minutes of that video I noticed a number of mistakes in the information, which suggests they don't actually understand much about this ransomware. I did not watch the rest of the video to see how much of the remaining information was also incorrect.

This is a newer variant of STOP/Djvu. If you have an offline ID, then once we can find the decryption key for this variant and add it to our database you should be able to recover your files. However, if you have an online ID (which is more likely) then it will not be possible to recover your files. There is more information at the following link:
https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/32045-about-the-stopdjvu-decrypter/

Dir sir.

I used ransomware djvu tool vertion 1.0.0.4, to decrypt the encrypted .ERIF file, but it's tells me that:

"No key for New Variant online ID: TIOBEWIQlpFccvwKL3XayOh3R5plhZgSKzcZAfBZ

Notice: this ID appears to be an online ID, decryption is impossible "

What should I do next, please help me.

16 hours ago, Vinh said:

No key for New Variant online ID: TIOBEWIQlpFccvwKL3XayOh3R5plhZgSKzcZAfBZ
Notice: this ID appears to be an online ID, decryption is impossible

This is a newer variant of STOP/Djvu, and your ID is an online ID, so there is currently no way to decrypt your files. There is more information at the following link:
https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/32045-about-the-stopdjvu-decrypter/