stapp

CLOSED Network Lockdown

Win 10 2004 

Beta 10381

May I ask why it has been decided to show this when using network lockdown?    EAM updates  are no longer allowed through when in lockdown.

They used to be.

I was slightly confused with the 2nd warning as there was no X to close it but then seen it was movable. Trouble was it was in the way of my CCleaner ''run Cleaner button''.  I use EAM  network lockdown as a quick way to stop the CCleaner phone home etc :)

Annotation 2020-08-30 185747.jpg
Download Image

Annotation 2020-08-30 185834.jpg
Download Image

19 hours ago, stapp said:

May I ask why it has been decided to show this when using network lockdown?    EAM updates  are no longer allowed through when in lockdown.

They used to be.

We received feedback from some MSP's that users sometimes accidentally enabled the lockdown and were cut off from the internet.

To avoid this we added a 2nd warning and display the lockdown active box.

Just tested this and I can confirm that Updates and connection with Emsisoft Cloud Console are not blocked.

8 minutes ago, Frank H said:

Just tested this and I can confirm that Updates and connection with Emsisoft Cloud Console are not blocked.

The reason I posted was because the manual update button showed no response yesterday when on network lockdown. I shall test it again later.

I can understand why you have posted the warnings (even if the lock is shown on the EAM taskbar icon)

There were, apparently, widespread global problems with the internet yesterday, with many services which are accessed via Cloudfare being borked.  I've read that that in turn was caused by a problem with another company's - CenturyLink's - infrastructure.