FNP-45

Can't set weekly scan time

The image on the right "Time Set" is set for 5PM when I click "OK" the image on the left "Time that is loaded is all it will ever set.

Win 7 32bit

I have uninstalled, restarted computer then used Emsiclean and restarted computer again. Reinstalled Emsisoft but this happens every time.

Any help would be appreciated

Time that is loaded.jpg
Download Image

Time set.jpg
Download Image

Which version of EAM are you using? 

When you click on OK, trying to change the "at" time to 5pm, does a Forensic Log entry get created describing the attempt to change the setting?  Here (with Win 8.1) I am able to change the time and a log entry is created saying what I changed.  I'm wondering if you get a log entry at all, and if you do whether it describes the change happening, or (perhaps) being rejected.

This is a known issue on Windows 7  32bit, in version 2020.9.

You could switch to the delayed updated feed with version 2020.8, which doesn't have this issue.

Issue will be fixed in version 2020.10

Here's how to switch to the Delayed update feed and install the older version that's in it:

1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Click on the little gear icon on the left side of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware window (roughly in the middle).
  3. Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  4. On the left, in the Updates section, look for Update feed.
  5. Click on the box to the right of where it says Update feed, and select Delayed from the list.
  6. Right-click on the little Emsisoft icon in the lower-right corner of the screen (to the left of the clock).
  7. Select Update now from the list.

Did what GT500 recommended but 2020.8 does the same thing. I set for 6AM and it comes back as 12:01AM. I'm hoping Frank H's fix in 2020.10 will fix this problem.

1 hour ago, FNP-45 said:

Did what GT500 recommended but 2020.8 does the same thing. I set for 6AM and it comes back as 12:01AM. I'm hoping Frank H's fix in 2020.10 will fix this problem.

i am sorry, i was wrong, the issue also sits in 2020.8.

@FNP-45 you can switch back to the Stable update feed if you'd like, that way you'll get the update that fixes this sooner than on the Delayed feed.

@FNP-45 we've discovered the source of the bug, however it may take some time for it to be fixed (we have to wait for third-party code we use to get updated). Fortunately there is a workaround that you can use in our "Cloud Console" that is available via MyEmsisoft.

We have instructions on how to create a "workspace" in your MyEmsisoft account, and assign a license key to it at the following link:
https://help.emsisoft.com/en/3097/how-do-i-migrate-my-personal-license-to-a-cloud-console-workspace/

There is more information about how to use our Cloud Console in the user guide at the following link:
https://help.emsisoft.com/en/2323/emsisoft-cloud-console-user-guide/

Once you have followed the instructions at the first link for creating a workspace, assigning a device to it, and migrating your license key to the workspace all you have to do is go to your workspace in the menu on the left on the MyEmsisoft website, select your workspace from the list, and then select the device you would like to manage. From there simply click on the blue Settings tile, and scroll down until you find your scheduled scans. The interface for editing the scheduled scans should be similar to what you're used to in Emsisoft Anti-Malware.