gen.trojan problems

pearce1909

I've got serious problems - infection gen.trojan!ik & others - my computer will not let me do most of the recomended actions in the "start here" post. The only 2 reports that I am able to generate are attached. I am having to transfer file onto another computer to comunicate with the net. i am running xppro, internet explorer will not work or safari. also explorer will not let me copy and paste files from one drive to another. search does not work, word and excel open then show errors and close. control panel opens but lets me get no further!

...my computer will not let me do most of the recomended actions in the "start here" post. The only 2 reports that I am able to generate are attached...

Hi pearce1909, and welcome to the forum.

There are no attachments to your post.

Please attach those reports you were able to produce.

My regards

as the computer with infections will not access the internet and explorer will not let me copy and paste a file the closest i can get "win32kdiag.exe2" to the desktop of the infected computer is on a usb drive (e:) after having downloaded it on another computer. when i open it from there i get the report you have seen, but that is without the "-f -r" suffix on your request which will not work because the program is not on the desktop.

is there a way of running it from E:\ to produce the report you need? for your information the infections listed in the A-squared diagnosis (full scan) are:

Gen.Trojan!IK 1 file

Trojan.Win32.Agent!IK 1 file

Riskware.NetTool.Win32.Delf1IK 1 file

Trojan.ATRAPS!IK 4 files

Riskware.AdWare.Win32.Chiem.c!IK 1 file

Virus.Win32.Trojan!IK 1 file

Win32.SuspectCrc!IK 1 file

Trojan-Dropper.FakeAle!IK 1 file

Trojan-Banker.win32.Banker!IK 1 file

Open notepad

Copy and Paste the below lines of code to notepad:

@echo off
copy C:\WINDOWS\system32\logevent.dll c:\logevent.dll

Go to File > save as and name the file fixes.bat, change the Save as type to all files and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click on fixes.bat to execute it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Download Avenger from -->> HERE <<-- and unzip to your desktop.

• Run Avenger
  • Read the prompt that appears, and press OK
  • Copy & paste the following text in Input script Box:
    Files to delete:

Files to move:
    C:\logevent.dll | C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventlog.dll

Then click "Execute".

• You will be presented with 2 confirmation prompts. Select yes on each. Your system will reboot.
    Note: It is possible that Avenger will reboot your system TWICE.
  • Upon reboot, a command prompt window will appear on your screen for a few seconds, and then Avenger's log will open. Please paste that log here in your next post.

Go to start > run and copy and paste the following command in the field:

E:\Win32kDiag.exe -f -r

This should restore permissions on locked files and remove mountpoints.

Post fresh logs for:

• Avenger (C:\avenger.txt)
  • Win32kDiag
  • a-squared Free
  • ISeeYouXP

Let me know of any problems you may have encountered with the above instructions and also let me know how things are running now!

3 reports attached. I can't find a way to get a-squared report on to my use drive so I can transfer it to this computer and send it.

On infected computer microsoft's programs still do not work, iexplorer will not open, excel opens with an error message "cannot use object linking and embedding" and then "needs to close", word opens with an error message"this document could not be registered. it will not be possible to create links from other documents to this document" and seems to accept key strokes, a test.doc opened and was saved. Excel error reporting to microsoft seems to work but the "more information" click field fails to connect.

Safari seems to work and that proves that the infected computer can now see the web albeit in a limited way. This being so I think a-squared may have attempted to send the report its self whilist I was attempting to save it to the usb drive. After I have posted this I will try to contact you on the other machine

Hi pearce1909,

I edited your post (see the reason above)

Please be patient and wait for your turn.

Making you request appearing at the "top of the stack" will not encourage faster response from the professionals.

Malware fighters are managing cases only based on the time of the initial requests by the users requiring assistance (and there are many)

In addition, users are getting help by volunteers here, so their other duties/real life events and their spare time available should be considered as well.

My regards

The installed version of Java on this computer is out-dated. Install Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u16 available from Sun Microsystems.

Using Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel; uninstall the following:

J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 11

J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6

Java 6 Update 13

Java 6 Update 2

Java 6 Update 3

Java 6 Update 5

Java 6 Update 7

Java SE Runtime Environment 6

Java SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1

Your logs show no malware.

How are things running?

I cannot install Java as suggested, windows installer is still not working, also all other microsoft programs. Error message to that effect. Also I cannot delete java as suggested - same reasons probably - remove programs in control panel just won't work- freezes!

a-squared still shows up infections:

Generic.Win32.Malware!IK - 1file and Adware.Win32.AdvancedSpyRemover!A2 - 2 files.

I have also found that my DVD drive now will not work, No lights showing at all. This may be a coincidental hardware failure, or maybe another symptom. The (windows Xp pro) operating system is probably corrupted, if I am going to have to use my windows cd's to repair or reinstall then I'll need a new drive first unless its the malware that has killed it. Is this a possibility? It seems to have stopped most other drives working as they should.

New a-squared log attached - shows nothing! Latest new problems: various shortcuts are failing to open their programs, in particular "safari". the only way to open that now is to go to program files etc and click on the "exe" file. Its almost as if it knows I'm getting help from that and is trying to prevent it. Or maybe I'm becoming paranoid!

Download -->> OTL <<-- to your desktop.

• Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt.
      Note: These logs can be located in the OTL. folder on you C:\ drive if they fail to open automatically.
    • Attach both logs with your next reply.

Run OTL.exe

• Copy/paste the following text written inside of the code box into the Custom Scans/Fixes box located at the bottom of OTL
    :OTL
    PRC - C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE (Microsoft Corporation)
    SRV - (i1dinie0aa6iu6 [Auto | Stopped]) --  File not found
    SRV - (MSIServer [On_Demand | Stopped]) --  File not found
    SRV - (SDService [Auto | Stopped]) --  File not found
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - No CLSID value found.
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - No CLSID value found.
    O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (no name) - Locked - No CLSID value found.
    O3 - HKCU\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (no name) - {0C6DD65A-F36B-4AC8-89EB-6175AEE6BB8C} - No CLSID value found.
    O33 - MountPoints2\{6bbb0dde-ba1f-11dd-b1ea-001aa00d76f7}\Shell\AutoRun\command - "" = setupSNK.exe
    O33 - MountPoints2\{7e2a9f8a-ddfc-11db-b160-001aa00d76f7}\Shell\AutoRun\command - "" = fppg1.exe
    O33 - MountPoints2\{7e2a9f8a-ddfc-11db-b160-001aa00d76f7}\Shell\explore\Command - "" = fppg1.exe
    O33 - MountPoints2\{7e2a9f8a-ddfc-11db-b160-001aa00d76f7}\Shell\open\Command - "" = fppg1.exe
    O34 - HKLM BootExecute: (SDEarlyDelete) -  File not found
    O34 - HKLM BootExecute: (\??\C:\Program) -  File not found
    O34 - HKLM BootExecute: (Files\SpywareDetector) -  File not found
    O34 - HKLM BootExecute: (autocheck) -  File not found
    O34 - HKLM BootExecute: (*) -  File not found

:Files
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\*.tmp
    C:\WINDOWS\*.tmp
    @C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:409C3BF5
    @C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:4BB26BE9
    @C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:FA5F15C4
    @C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:44DAF2F1
    @C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:9DA44E6B
    @C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:DFC5A2B2
    @C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\TEMP:CB0AACC9

:Commands
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [start explorer]
    [Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot when it is done
  • Attach the new OTL log ( don't check the boxes beside LOP Check or Purity this time )

Run OTL.exe

• Copy/paste the following text written inside of the code box into the Custom Scans/Fixes box located at the bottom of OTL
    PRC - C:\WINDOWS\System32\spider.exe (Microsoft Corporation)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - No CLSID value found.
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - No CLSID value found.
    O3 - HKCU\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (no name) - {0C6DD65A-F36B-4AC8-89EB-6175AEE6BB8C} - No CLSID value found.
    O16 - DPF: {33564D57-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/6/E/F6E491A6-77E1-4E20-9F5F-94901338C922/wmv9VCM.CAB (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O16 - DPF: {41564D57-9980-0010-8000-00AA00389B71} http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/A/9/0A9F8B32-9F8C-4D74-A130-E4CAB36EB01F/wmvadvd.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O16 - DPF: {8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C} http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/polarbear/ultrashim.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O16 - DPF: {BFF1950D-B1B4-4AE8-B842-B2CCF06D9A1B} http://game12.zylom.com/activex/zylomgamesplayer.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0006-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_06-windows-i586.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0015-0000-0011-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_11-windows-i586.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0000-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0-windows-i586.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_01-windows-i586.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0002-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_02-windows-i586.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0003-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_03-windows-i586.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0005-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_05-windows-i586.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0007-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_07-windows-i586.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0013-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13)
    O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_13-windows-i586.cab (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_13)
    O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O33 - MountPoints2\{6bbb0dde-ba1f-11dd-b1ea-001aa00d76f7}\Shell\AutoRun\command - "" = setupSNK.exe
    O33 - MountPoints2\{7e2a9f8a-ddfc-11db-b160-001aa00d76f7}\Shell\AutoRun\command - "" = fppg1.exe
    O33 - MountPoints2\{7e2a9f8a-ddfc-11db-b160-001aa00d76f7}\Shell\explore\Command - "" = fppg1.exe
    O33 - MountPoints2\{7e2a9f8a-ddfc-11db-b160-001aa00d76f7}\Shell\open\Command - "" = fppg1.exe

[purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [start explorer]
    [Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot when it is done
  • Attach the new OTL log ( don't check the boxes beside LOP Check or Purity this time )

OK, use this OTL fix instead:

PRC - C:\WINDOWS\System32\spider.exe (Microsoft Corporation)

[purity]
[emptytemp]
[start explorer]
[Reboot]

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Save as Combo-Fix.exe during the download. ComboFix must be renamed before you download to your Desktop

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

* IMPORTANT !!! Save Combo-Fix to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
    See HERE for help
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

RcAuto1.gif

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

whatnext.png

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, ComboFix will produce a log.

Note:

1. Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall!

2. Remember to re-enable your anti-virus and anti-spyware before reconnecting to the Internet.

Attach logs for:

• ComboFix (C:\combofix.txt)
  • HiJackFree

Let me know of any problems you may have encountered with the above instructions and also let me know how things are running now!

combo 3 report attached - cannot find a report from HiJackFree. There is a short cut on my desktop entitled "a-squared HiJackFree" but attempts to open it are met with an error message:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I am using an account with full administrator access! Attempts to run it from its home folder have the same result.

Copy the contents of the below quote box to Notepad; Save As FixReg.reg to your Desktop; make sure File Type: is set to All Files (*.*).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager]
"BootExecute"=hex(7):61,00,75,00,74,00,6f,00,63,00,68,00,65,00,63,00,6b,00,20,\
 00,61,00,75,00,74,00,6f,00,63,00,68,00,6b,00,20,00,2a,00,00,00,00,00

Close Notepad.

Locate FixReg.reg on your Desktop. Double-click on it and answer 'Yes' when asked if you want to merge with the registry.

Repair permissions:

Download to your Desktop

-->> Repair Permissions.exe <<-- self-extracting archive (117,015 bytes) - MD5: f4666e8f2acf6e1a12c655d56030d9e4

• Double-click Repair Permissions.exe to install Repair Permissions
  • Double-click on !RUNME.BAT

You can safely ignore all errors.

Attach fresh logs for:

• a-squared Free/Anti-Malware
  • HiJackFree

Great improvement! Bill Gates has got his foot back in the door.

Good Bits: Word and Excel are now working, also now able to open and use Internet Explorer. I am able to delete programs in add and delete programs (Control Panel). Safari desktop icon now works. SuperAntiSpyware suddenly came back to life on reboot and AVG appears to be active again. Various programs such as Java are now offering thier latest updates so the automatic updates must have been affected also.

Bad Bits: I still cannot copy and paste or drag and drop a file from one directory or drive to another. Open windows when minimised still dissapear and do not appear on the toolbar. They can still be opened from task manager. I ran a-squared and highjack free but regret I cannot locate any fresh logs, where will they be hidden?

I had looked in C:\Program Files\a-squared Free\Logs the only file was is "a-squared.db3 dated 24oct2009 I thought the one you wanted would be more up to date! I have tried to attach that one now but get an error message " you aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" so I presume this is not the right one.

The folder C:\Program Files\a-squared HiJackFree\Logs does not exist. A search(this is now working again) for folders or files "logs" does not reveal it elsewhere. another search for *.log revealed plenty of logs but not the ones you want.The most up to date log file I can find is attached, you may have already had this one.

After a couple of reboots and AVG starting up and doing its sheduled scan the taskbar is now working again and I can also copy and paste or drag and drop files between folders.

Now that I am able to should I carry out your previous instructions re "Java"?

I think the cure is all but complete, is there a way of checking? Thank you for all your help.

Clean up with OTL:

• Double-click OTL.exe to start the program.
  • Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
  • On the OTL main screen, press the CLEANUP button
  • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.

Your logs look fine.

Unless you are having problems from Malware it is time to do the final steps.

If you used ComboFix, uninstall ComboFix:

• Click START then RUN and enter the below into the run box and then click OK. (Use only the command of the same name as your copy of combofix.)
  • AvoidTDSS /u or combofix /u or Combo-Fix /u
    Note: The space before /u, must be there. Which command you use depends on if I had you rename ComboFix during download.
    This will uninstall ComboFix and also reset hidden files and folders settings back to Windows defaults.
  • Delete the C:\AvoidTDSS or C:\ComboFix folder from combofix.
    Delete everything in C:\!KillBox

Delete the following from your Desktop (If they exist)

Avenger.exe

Avenger.txt

Avenger.zip

DisableAutoRuns.reg

FixMe.reg

FixReg.reg

ISeeYouXP.exe

ISeeYouXP.lnk

ISeeYouXP.txt

Anything else I had you use

Delete the following: (If they exist)

C:\Avenger.txt

C:\Avenger

C:\ComboFix.txt

C:\ComboFix

C:\SDFix

C:\Qoobox

You can delete and uninstall any programs I had you download, that you do not wish to keep on the system.

Empty the Recycle Bin

Run ATF Cleaner

In the ISeeYouXP folder double-click HideIT.bat.

Turn off System restore to flush all your restore points then turn system restore back on.

To manually turn off System Restore, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the System Restore tab.

3. Click to select the Turn off System Restore check box (or the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box), and then click OK.

4 Click Yes when you receive the prompt to the turn off System Restore.

To turn on System Restore, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the System Restore tab.

3. Click to clear the Turn off System Restore check box (or the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box), and then click OK.

Delete C:\ISeeYouXP

Run Windows Update and update your Windows Operating System.

Run the Secunia Online Software Inspector, this will inspect your system for software that is out-of-date and in need of updating. Update anything program/application detected as being out-dated.

That should take care of everything.

Safe Surfing!

Thread Closed

Reason: Resolved

The procedures contained in this thread are for this user and this user only. Attempting to use the instructions in this thread on your system could result in damaging the Operating System beyond repair. Do Not use any of the tools mentioned in this thread without the supervision of a Malware Removal Specialist.

All posters requesting Malware Removal assistance are required to follow all procedures in the thread titled START HERE, if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread