Sign in to follow this  
Advanced User

Emergency Kit does not keep the same position and size

Recommended Posts

Emergency Kit does not keep the same position and size of the window. How to fix it? Older versions did not have this problem. I align the window, and it gets lost again after a new start. Not very pretty for a solid product. Video https://radikal.ru/vf/Oe6RPmB2gdU

Emergency Kit не сохраняет прежнеюю позицию и размер окна при включенном масштабировании. Как это исправить? В старых версиях подобной проблемы не было. Выравниваю окно, а оно снова сбивается после нового запуска. Не очень красиво это для солидного продукта.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emsisoft Emergency Kit is intended to be portable, meaning it can be moved from one computer to another. Settings for window size and position on one computer won't necessarily be optimal on another computer, and so the Emergency Kit Scanner window will launch with default window size and position values.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GT500 said:

Emsisoft Emergency Kit is intended to be portable, meaning it can be moved from one computer to another. Settings for window size and position on one computer won't necessarily be optimal on another computer, and so the Emergency Kit Scanner window will launch with default window size and position values.

By default, older versions had the normal window size on any computer. Why is it crooked in the new version? The product is becoming more and more like an Indian craft.

По умолчанию у старых версий размер окон был нормальный на любом компьютере. Почему у новой версии он кривой? Продукт все больше становится похож на поделку индусов.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Advanced User said:

By default, older versions had the normal window size on any computer. Why is it crooked in the new version?

It looks like, if there's window position and size data in the config file, EEK is reading it and using it when displaying the window. If you want to reset it back to default, then either delete the a2settings file in the EEK folder, or download a fresh copy of EEK. Technically it is also possible to edit the data in the a2settings file to remove the old information in the [Position] section in order to reset it without deleting the entire file, however we don't recommend doing this.

 

19 hours ago, Advanced User said:

The product is becoming more and more like an Indian craft.

Without knowing exactly what you mean by this comment, it may be in violation of our forum guidelines (specifically the section titled "Posting and transmitting content"). I recommend familiarizing yourself with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2020 at 4:07 AM, GT500 said:

It looks like, if there's window position and size data in the config file, EEK is reading it and using it when displaying the window. If you want to reset it back to default, then either delete the a2settings file in the EEK folder, or download a fresh copy of EEK. Technically it is also possible to edit the data in the a2settings file to remove the old information in the [Position] section in order to reset it without deleting the entire file, however we don't recommend doing this.

If everything was that simple, I would not start the topic. EEK does not save the position and size of the window when resetting the preferences file. The size and position of the window in any case works crookedly.

Если бы все было так просто, я бы не начал тему. EEK не сохраняет позицию и размер окна при сбросе файла настроек.
Размер и положение окна в любом случае работает криво.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 3:25 AM, Advanced User said:

EEK does not save the position and size of the window when resetting the preferences file.

It's no longer supposed to. My instructions were not intended to change this, but merely reset the EEK behavior back to default since it appears to be loading the old position and size data from the config file even though it won't save new position and size data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.