zels

Do not cancel the transaction or refund

A year ago, we signed up for several co-computers, paid with a card. And yesterday the money was written off for the extension, without notification, of bank SMS confirmation messages. I called the support service and they said that the auto-renewal would be removed, but the money would not be returned.

How so, because the site says:

Auto-renewal ensures you don’t end up defenseless when your license period runs out. When your license is about to expire, our online payment provider verifies that your payment details are still valid and automatically renews your subscription when the license ends. Please note that you can cancel auto-renewal at any time. We’re certainly not interested in charging any money if you don’t want to use our products and always offer a full refund for any unwanted transactions within 30 days.

Who did you talk to?

I'm not seeing any support tickets in our system for the e-mail address associated with your forum account. If you used a different e-mail address when contacting us about this issue, please send me a private message with the e-mail address so that I can look up the ticket history in our system.

The letter was sent from **removed to avoid member being spammed**
The money was returned today, but why didn't they do it right away?

21 hours ago, zels said:

The letter was sent from **removed to avoid member being spammed**

Unfortunately since you posted your e-mail address publicly one of our moderators removed it before I saw it. You'll need to send it to me privately.

To send a private message on our forums, simply hover your mouse pointer over my screen name and a box with more information will pop up after a few seconds. There should be a link in the lower-left corner of the box to send a message to me.

21 hours ago, zels said:

The money was returned today, but why didn't they do it right away?

I can't say for certain until I can see your conversation history with our sales team. What I do know is that it can take at least several days for a refund to appear on a credit or debit card, so it's possible that a refund was processed right away and that it merely took some time to appear on the statement for the payment method you used.

Edited by GT500

I just noticed that the moderator who removed your e-mail address sent it to me in a private message. Please allow me to apologize for not seeing that earlier.

Checking your conversation history with Fabio Di Bari (one of our sales representatives) I can see that he sent you two messages. The first was to confirm that your order was being refunded:

We initiated a refund of your recent order #*****5253. Our shop partner 2Checkout will keep you informed about the status of your refund by email.

If ever you need our services again, do not hesitate to write us to receive our personal attention.

The second was to confirm that your subscription associated with your license key was also canceled:

Please note that the cardholder requested to cancel the subscription with license key ***-***-***-*** .
If you want to keep your protection active please use the following link to renew manually with a different payment instrument before October 30th: https://www.emsisoft.com/en/order/renew/

If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

2Checkout (the company that handles payments for our online store) also sent the following message:

Возмещение, которое Вы затребовали в отношении заказа #*****5253 от https://www.emsisoft.com, было утверждено. В настоящее время 2Checkout обрабатывает трансфер средств как авторизованный реселлер Emsisoft.

Возмещаемая сумма 6166.58 RUB будет немедленно перечислена на ваш счет как можно скорее.

All of these messages were sent by e-mail roughly 2 days and 20 hours before I posted this. If you did not receive one or more of these e-mails, then please let me know.

I have censored parts of these messages to ensure that your license key and order number remain private.

@zels - In case you don't know ...   When someone suggests you should send them a "private message", the way to do that is to hover your mouse over their avatar, when you'll then see a pane pop up containing information about that person, and a link labelled "Message".  You click that and it takes you to a form where you can send a message that only that person will see.

Replying in the forum allows the whole world to see what you write.