gulshannegi

Windows 10 - Can't boot

I upgraded Windows 10 some time ago. It was successful and I was able to keep all my personal files. Now I can't boot into WinDows 10. I started my Laptop today, after some time i kept getting errors and couldn't launch anything, then I decided to restart. When I restarted, was greeted by a message on the bottom, something about checking the hard drive for corruption My Laptop restarted after some time I saw "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC". I tried restart. When that didn't work I tried every single thing in the "Advanced" tab. I looked up my issue online and put in several different commands into the command prompt running from the X: drive (Win10's recovery drive I think). Nothing worked.

I tried the reset, choosing "keep personal files". This was followed by a message that said Windows couldn't reset. I also tried going back to the latest update and "reverting" to Windows 10 to see similar errors. I can't start the Windows 10 drive in safe mode, because every time I go to the "Startup Settings" menu and press restart, Windows 10 goes back to the Automatic Repair thing. I can't start in safe mode or do any of the other actions on that menu because of this. I guess I could just install Windows 10 from scratch and copy needed personal files, but this would take lots of time and effort. Is there anyway to get back to my normal Windows 10?

10 hours ago, gulshannegi said:

Is there anyway to get back to my normal Windows 10?

If you don't format your hard drive when re-installing Windows 10, then it shouldn't overwrite your files. Programs may need to be re-installed, however many programs will retain their settings as long as you are able to use the same user account that existed on the old installation of Windows. If you can't use the same user account, then you will need to copy data from the old account to the new one after the re-install of Windows. There may be other options for recovery as well that you haven't tried yet.

Please note that this sort of generalized PC support isn't really what we offer here (we do support for our own software and malware/ransomware infections). I recommend asking at the BleepingComputer forums as there are experts that frequent their forums who should be able to explain what your options are and help you decide what you should do to recover your computer.

Press and hold the key 'Shift' before rebooting your PC with a standard PC shutdown.

After that, you will see a blue screen with recovery methods as in an article from the link https://techsherlock.com/how-to-boot-windows-10-into-last-known-good-configuration/

Next, select Troubleshoot - Advanced options - System Restore with the keeping of all your files, if you need them.

13 hours ago, gulshannegi said:

this help me to boot the windows and save my files.

I'm glad to hear that you found a solution.