Emsisoft made my Windows 10 Computer Crash

Arcus

Hey guys, So I'm new to Emsisoft and I wanted to try it out. I downloaded the 30 day free trail and while it seemed to be operating fine, I got a critical blue screen error, on my PC. It was pretty quick so i wasn't able to catch the error code, but my computer was able to restart and get back to normal. Later on however when my computer was on stand by, i noticed that it crashed again when i was away. After this Happened i decided to uninstall Emsisoft  to see if that  could fix the problem and so far, I haven't had any crashes. I'm a bit worried about re-downloading it as I  don't want to risk doing any permanent damage to my computer. At the same time, I don't want to be without any virus protection and Emsisoft's features are really to my liking. It would be a shame if i had to drop the product due to a problem like this. Any help? Or at the very least point in the right direction on were to look?

Re-downloading it won't cause any problem, if you don't install it!

You should be able to find details of the blue screen error if you look in the Event logs.  You can find info on how to do that at https://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-use-event-viewer-in-windows-10/  - though I see that page has lots of intrusive adverts, it also has screenshots of the eventlog displays. 

It's not always a good idea to have a machine set up to restart when there's a blue screen - it can lead to the machine restarting, crashing, restarting, crashing ... and if there's something bad (eg disk corruption) each restart & crash can make things worse.  You can turn off the continual restart at (at least in Win 8.1 which I have, but I expect it's similar in W10) - Control Panel - System - Advanced System Settings - Startup & Recovery - Settings - System failure ... and untick/uncheck "Automatically restart".

Then, if there's a bluescreen, the error display will stay visible and you'll have an opportunity to think about exactly what you'd been doing before the crash... and make some notes, before restarting.

@Arcus

You could press the start flag (bottom left of your taskbar ) and immediately type the words reliability history and click on the app when it comes up. 

(You do not need to type the words reliability history into a box as Windows does it all automagically for you)

When the graph appears you should see red crosses on the day the crash happened. Click on them for info about what happened.

Let's try getting a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. You can find instructions for downloading and running FRST at the following link:
https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1738/how-do-i-run-a-scan-with-frst/

Note: When FRST checks the Windows Firewall settings, Emsisoft Anti-Malware's Behavior Blocker will quarantine it automatically. This can be avoided by clicking "Wait, I think this is safe" in the notification that is displayed while FRST is scanning. You shouldn't have to worry about this if Emsisoft Anti-Malware isn't installed.