Lord of pine

Status window not showing program data or traffic

Status window is not showing programs that are accessing the net. (middle pane)

It is also not showing in bound or out bound traffic. (top pane) It says there are no active interfaces.

In the bottom pane it show all of the active connections.

I have dial up and the meter in the tray is very helpful when a web site stops responding.

I have checked modem settings on my computer and are ok.

I assume I am still protected?

Can you give us some background on the problem? :) Have you had OA installed for some time and this problem has only recently started? Or did you just install OA and the problem was apparent right away?

New computer. Installed yesterday.

I,m new to win 7 64. Today installing other programs i was asked if I wanted to install a driver.

I now know that I may have not installed a driver when installing OA. I think that is the problem.

Now how can I install the driver without reinstalling OA?

Thanks for your response.

I'm not sure you can install the driver without reinstalling OA. The TLEM driver is part of the installer package and you should see a prompt about installing it when you install OA. Possibly if it's displayed in Device Manager you could try updating the driver from there but I don't know if that's likely to work. Uninstalling and then rebooting twice to ensure the drivers are properly removed and then reinstalling, is generally the recommended course of action :)

Hello Lord of pine.

I am having very similar problems to you.

How did you come to the conclusion that you were missing some sort of driver? Just to be clear, this is some sort of OA driver, so you had to reinstall OA to get it? What did you do differently the second time you installed OA?

If you can let me know, it would be very helpful.

Thank you.

I am having very similar problems to you.

Unless you are seeing in the Firewall status window, "No active interfaces" in the graphs column then this is a different issue to the one you are having. Since the driver wasn't installed in Lord of Pine's case, the information couldn't be displayed. In your case, you are seeing information displayed but you don't feel it's accurate which is a different issue.

Unless you are seeing in the Firewall status window, "No active interfaces" in the graphs column then this is a different issue to the one you are having. Since the driver wasn't installed in Lord of Pine's case, the information couldn't be displayed. In your case, you are seeing information displayed but you don't feel it's accurate which is a different issue.

I know it's a different issue, but it's similar. Although it doesn't say "No active interfaces", it is failing to detect one of my interfaces. Most importantly, no-one seems to know what my "issue" is, so anything I can do to help narrow it down (even if it's just ruling something out), I would like to do.

Finally, to say that I "don't feel" that the information is accurate is quite patronising. The information is incorrect.

Finally, to say that I "don't feel" that the information is accurate is quite patronising. The information is incorrect.

I didn't intend this to sound patronising. I was trying to explain the big difference in issues because the OP was seeing no traffic at all (due to the driver being missing). If your driver was missing, you'd not be able to see any traffic either, rather than be able to see some traffic like you are seeing. I apologise for offending you. It seems I used poor wording :(

The OP is using Windows 7, and you get a UAC control prompt to allow the TLEM driver to install when first installing OA. This wasn't allowed to be installed at the time, and that caused the issue. With XP though, you don't get this prompt because there is no UAC. It's just installed without user intervention.

I suppose it could be possible that your driver, rather than being missing, is instead corrupted in some way. If that's the case, uninstalling, rebooting twice and reinstalling should fix it. However, taking the full details of the problem you are having into consideration, I really don't think this is very likely at all or I would have mentioned it before. I wouldn't want to waste your time with something that is very unlikely to be the cause. You are of course welcome to try it though :)

It seems I used poor wording :(

Forget it. Just a case of "Lost in (internet) translation".

I suppose it could be possible that your driver, rather than being missing, is instead corrupted in some way. If that's the case, uninstalling, rebooting twice and reinstalling should fix it. However, taking the full details of the problem you are having into consideration, I really don't think this is very likely at all or I would have mentioned it before. I wouldn't want to waste your time with something that is very unlikely to be the cause. You are of course welcome to try it though :)

This is what I was wondering. Does OA have any way of verifying that everything is installed and running correctly? (A bit like the SFC for Windows) I know Comodo has some sort of feature like this (although I don't know specifically what, or how, it checks).

Does OA have any way of verifying that everything is installed and running correctly? (A bit like the SFC for Windows) I know Comodo has some sort of feature like this (although I don't know specifically what, or how, it checks).

Not that I'm aware of. If you enable Debug mode, there is a "Diag" tab though, that shows network related information for OA's firewall component which support may sometimes request you provide if you are having problems with the firewall component.

Not that I'm aware of. If you enable Debug mode, there is a "Diag" tab though, that shows network related information for OA's firewall component which support may sometimes request you provide if you are having problems with the firewall component.

Hmm, that's an interesting little section, although (unsurprisingly, I'm sure) it brings a few more questions.

What is "Service binary exists:", and why does it say both "False/True"?

What is "Service current state 4/4"?

And, most pertinently, "IM driver is not installed". I thought this might be important, but I notice in the corresponding screenshot for the web help, it also says this, so presumeably, it isn't that unusual.

Thank you again catprincess.

Sorry, I don't know. The debug information is really for the developer's use in diagnosing a possible problem. I don't know too much about the details of the information in that section.