Pay or wait? .vvoa ransomware

Miczo

Same here, .vvoa ransomware.🙄😭

Anyone has paid them? If yes, will all files be useable and readable and not damaged?

Edited by GT500
Post moved from another topic. Original opening post for this topic is below this post.

Hi,

all my files got that sh*** vvoa ransomware. Anyone has paid them? If yes, will all files be useable and readable and not damaged?

What should I do if get private key and decrypt tool, yes I will use it for sure but can I help other people with same problem?

19 hours ago, Miczo said:

Anyone has paid them?

Yes, some victims have paid the ransom.

19 hours ago, Miczo said:

If yes, will all files be useable and readable and not damaged?

If you're asking if the criminals send a decrypter to victims who pay the ransom, the answer is "yes". In the majority of cases that decrypter works, however if it doesn't then the criminals probably won't care. If the decrypter the criminals send doesn't work, then we might be able to help (assuming they sent you the correct private key and there are no issues that would prevent decryption).

18 hours ago, Miczo said:

What should I do if get private key and decrypt tool, yes I will use it for sure but can I help other people with same problem?

If you have an offline ID then you can send the decrypter and anything else the criminals send you to us, and we can add the private key to our database. If you have an online ID then there's no need to send us anything, as no one else can use your private key.