Sign in to follow this  
geoffo

Microsoft Office Starter & program guard

I have a new Dell PC which comes bundled with Microsoft Office 2010 Starter. Both Excel & Word have adverts in them, which are accessed online. Every time I load Excel or Word, Program Guard pops up and asks me if I want to allow this module, I tick I trust this program and I also tick 'allow'. But it never remembers the decision and asks every time. It's not a big problem, just wonder if anyone else has experienced this & how they were able to overcome it?

Thanks,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

You could try deleting all the items related to the program in the Programs list and after that put OA in Learning Mode.

Then you should open both Excel and Word, close both of them, exit Learning Mode, go to the Programs list, search for the related items and trust all of them.

Do you have a screenshot of the alert? That might help to understand why it keeps occurring :)

How do I post a screenshot, I've saved a file in Paint, I tried browse & load the file but that didn't work either

Edit: OK I've got the attach file to work now, but Nick's idea worked thanks