How do I stop the infinite automatic creation of large logs that is exhausting all disk space?

maki

Unfortunately, the log caused that the file is now several dozen GB and shows 0 bytes on the disk and I cannot start the computer, because there is no space on the disk!
log caused 0 bytes on the system disk! Now the computer does not start up 😠

I answered your question, about stopping logging, only ten minutes after you asked it.  If you'd turned logs off then, you might not have this problem.

You could also have deleted all the older logs, just after taking the screenshot.

I am curious that you can see that the log is "0 bytes on disk", but cannot boot the computer.  How are you looking at the disk?  If you can see it, can you not use the same file manager to delete some log files?

Otherwise, I think you'll need to boot something else - maybe a Windows recovery disk, if you have one?  Or a linux 'live cd' perhaps?  All you need is something which lets you navigate to the logs folder and delete the log files.

Yes:
The system tray showed that there is [X]not enough space on the disk.

\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1
      😄
      😄
      00000000030030000000000018000680020000007F0000C000000000000000000000000000000000

Niewystarczająca ilość miejsca na dysku na woluminie C:, aby powiększyć magazyn kopii w tle dla kopii w tle woluminu C:. Wynikiem tego błędu jest ryzyko usunięcia wszystkich kopii w tle woluminu C:.

Before I checked everything, the system crashed and now can't boot.
It's simple and clear to understand.

Are you posting now using another computer that you own, or your phone, or someone-else's computer?

You will need either to use another computer to access the full disk and clear some space on it, or boot a windows recovery system or 'live linux' recovery system (from a CD, DVD or USB stick) on the system that won't boot and clear some space.

Windows 10 has a recovery mode that you can boot to. When startup fails enough times, Windows will automatically go into this recovery mode. From there you can access the Command Prompt and delete the contents of the EMsisoft debug logs folder. Here's the command to run:

DEL C:\ProgramData\Emsisoft\Logs\*

Note: The asterisk on the end tells it to delete all files in that folder.

If you can't get into the recovery mode, then your only recourse will probably be a bootable disk. A Linux disk is probably the easiest to get your hands on, and if you don't have the capability to burn a CD or DVD to boot the system off of then you can use something like Rufus to format a USB flash drive and apply the ISO image to it to create a bootable USB flash drive (note that all data on the drive will be wiped out by this).

If you don't already know what Linux distribution to use, then here's a short list of popular ones:

• Puppy Linux - one of the smallest Linux distributions, and thus will be faster to download and get running. They claim it is very easy to use.
  • Fedora Linux (alt versions, aka "spins") - American Linux with various available desktop managers. The "LXQT", "Cinnamon", and "LXDE" versions will be the most familiar looking to a Windows user.
  • Ubuntu (alt versions, aka "flavours") - European Linux (probably the most popular Linux as well) that comes in various versions with different desktop managers. Lubuntu and Ubuntu Kylin are probably going to be the most familiar to Windows users, however note that Ubuntu Kylin is Chinese (it may come in an English version as well).

I didn't link to the main versions of Fedora or Ubuntu due to the fact that they use desktop managers that Windows users may find too unfamiliar to be able to adjust to quickly.

I have the old System 7
I do not have a USB drive.
I don't have old DVD drives, which are long since redundant in computers

I have no idea about Linux, I have never used this system etc.

Sugestion Debug Log: The tool should have a "Log size limit: Value XXXX"

> I have the old System 7

What's that (or do you mean Windows 7)?

You don't need a USB /drive/, just a USB stick, provided it's big enough (a few GB?) to hold a very simple recovery OS.  I've used Knoppix before, with no previous experience of linux.  You don't need to be an expert - remember all you need to do is boot something that gives you a command line (or a simple GUI), runs its file manager, and delete a few files, then shut it down. 

Note that 'live cd' linux systems often initially mount the computer's real disk(s) read-only - so you can at first just look at things.  That's because these systems are often used to examine broken systems and it's much safer (at first) if they cannot accidentally change anything on a disk.  You can re-mount the disk with write access.  (The precise method depends on what tool you're using, but google will certainly help.)

On 12/2/2020 at 6:22 AM, JeremyNicoll said:

You don't need a USB /drive/, just a USB stick, provided it's big enough (a few GB?) to hold a very simple recovery OS.

Puppy Linux is around 300 MB.

On 12/2/2020 at 6:58 AM, maki said:

Windows 7 has the built-in ability to run the F6 and F8 command line

Windows 7 also had the Recovery Environment that I described above, and it was easier to get into it than it is in Windows 10. Once you're in it, you can open the Command Prompt to run the command I gave above. Here's a link to instructions on using the Recovery Environment:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/start-the-windows-7-recovery-environment/