Minor GUI problem

JeremyNicoll

5 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Version 2020.12.1.10579

At the top right of the GUI windows there's three standard window-control icons.  The leftmost of these, "minimise" does nothing.

They all work for me Jeremy.

Are you using beta 10579 ?

6 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Version 2020.12.1.10579

At the top right of the GUI windows there's three standard window-control icons.  The leftmost of these, "minimise" does nothing.

It works OK on Windows 10 x64.

Does restarting the computer make any difference?

40 minutes ago, stapp said:

Are you using beta 10579 ?

I'm pretty sure we don't have a public beta available right now.

4 minutes ago, GT500 said:

It works OK on Windows 10 x64.

Does restarting the computer make any difference?

I'm pretty sure we don't have a public beta available right now.

OK. Scrub the word beta (I guess I am so used to saying it) :lol:

I doubt that a restart will make any difference as the machine was shutdown and cold started yesterday as well as (just before that) having several quicker restarts.  It's Win 8.1 x64.   It's not a great concern to me; I'm not sure that I've ever previously used the minimise button on that window, and don't know what made me try it.  Normally I just drag the window if I want to adjust its size and shut it when I'm done.

Stapp: yes, 10579 - as it says right at the start of my first post.  I checked that that was the current stable version before posting here, else I'd have posted in the Beta forum.

10 hours ago, GT500 said:

Do you have anything installed that can open hooks to a2start.exe?

Not that I know of; I mean: no other security software.  Process Hacker is running (but when stopped the problem's still there).

Since the GUI presentation is handled by a third-party company's code, is it possible that Window minimise is done by their code not yours?

14 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Since the GUI presentation is handled by a third-party company's code, is it possible that Window minimise is done by their code not yours?

I think it's handled by the API for the language that EAM is mostly written in, rather than the UI framework.

11 hours ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Oh!  I had occasion to reboot, and the problem is now gone.

OK. Let us know if it happens again.