Sign in to follow this  
Steven Avery

editing rules for disk block and executables

Hi,

Greetings Emsisoft-OnlineArmor

I run Online Armor in advanced mode, and tried a blocking disk access and blocking executables (.htm which looked like some type of web advertising) for my Paltalk, to see if those were really necessary They were, and I want to now remove or change those rules, but I can not find them in either Firewall-Rules-Rules or Program guard. Where are they kept ?

My subscription recently expired (although I really thought I have a few more months, till May, but that is another question) so I presume I am running in equivalent of Free mode. Is that the problem, that professional can apply rules that then become invisible ? Just asking.

And if a person wants to wipe clean and do new rules from scratch, is there a simple way to do that, short of an uninstall ?

Thanks for your assistance.

Steven Avery

Queens, NY

I run Online Armor in advanced mode, and tried a blocking disk access and blocking executables (.htm which looked like some type of web advertising) for my Paltalk, to see if those were really necessary They were, and I want to now remove or change those rules, but I can not find them in either Firewall-Rules-Rules or Program guard. Where are they kept ?

Assuming you blocked these things for Paltalk.exe, you would go to the Program's list and locate this entry and double click it to bring up the Advanced Options. You can toggle some of these settings (such as Direct Disk Access) between Ask/Block/Allow. Other settings (like "Create executable") have more options and can be configured by clicking "More" next to their label. This brings up a new dialog box with a number of different default actions. Most likely, the entry you are looking for will be under the Default Action "Allow except". You can click this entry and then choose either "Allow" or "Delete".

Alternately, a faster option is to just to delete the entry in the Program's list for Paltalk.exe. OA will recreate it and if the program is set to Unknown, it will prompt you for the appropriate actions again.

And if a person wants to wipe clean and do new rules from scratch, is there a simple way to do that, short of an uninstall ?

There isn't currently a button you can press to return OA to the settings that were present directly after Learning mode completed. The best way to achieve what you want is to use the Backup/Restore tab to make a full backup of your settings after installation that you can then restore when you want (if you have Auto-backups enabled, you'll see some backups located in the Online Armor\Backups folder). The Firewall rules and Websites list can also be exported and imported at any time.