Online Banking with Emisoft

I have been using Kaspersky for some time now and am not entirely convinced that it gives any more protection with its 'Safe Money" . My subscription is about to expire and I am looking at Emisoft to trial.  The one thing that concerns me about Emisoft is that it is said that it does not have a firewall, which means I guess that it relies on Windows Security.  I do lots of Online Banking and want to be sure that I am protected as much as I can be, would appreciate any suggestions/advice.

My question was about firewall, and, I understood some changes had been improvements in the year since I posted the earlier question.  Thank you but you don't have to make me feel like I am  being told off and wasting time.

@redvet.

There is no way that you are being told off or wasting people's time :) Security is something that we are all concerned with.

As both thread titles say Online Banking, I had no way of knowing if you had seen Elise's reply in your other thread so pointed you to it.

On 1/20/2021 at 12:02 AM, redvet said:

I have been using Kaspersky for some time now and am not entirely convinced that it gives any more protection with its 'Safe Money" . My subscription is about to expire and I am looking at Emisoft to trial.  The one thing that concerns me about Emisoft is that it is said that it does not have a firewall, which means I guess that it relies on Windows Security.  I do lots of Online Banking and want to be sure that I am protected as much as I can be, would appreciate any suggestions/advice.

We discontinued our Internet Security product that contained a firewall a few years ago.

A firewall doesn't keep your banking safe. Sometimes third-party firewall software has gimmicky features that make it sound like it does, but they don't really provide good protection against the biggest threats to online banking.

20 hours ago, GT500 said:

We discontinued our Internet Security product that contained a firewall a few years ago.

A firewall doesn't keep your banking safe. Sometimes third-party firewall software has gimmicky features that make it sound like it does, but they don't really provide good protection against the biggest threats to online banking.

Thank you for your helpful information.  Sorry for asking basic questions but I am 88 years old now and not to high on I.T. knowledge.

3 hours ago, redvet said:

Thank you for your helpful information.  Sorry for asking basic questions but I am 88 years old now and not to high on I.T. knowledge.

That's understandable. There's a lot of confusing marketing out there.

We wrote an article when we discontinued our Internet Security software, which further explains why we believe the Windows Firewall is a good enough firewall these days:
https://blog.emsisoft.com/en/28637/emsisoft-windows-firewall-protection/

Thank you again.  Now downloaded trial of Emisoft. Added the Emisoft safe browser extension to browser used for banking and completed updates and scans.

Is that all that is necessary please ?

2 hours ago, redvet said:

Thank you again.  Now downloaded trial of Emisoft. Added the Emisoft safe browser extension to browser used for banking and completed updates and scans.

Is virual keyoard necessary also ?

20 hours ago, redvet said:

Yes, as long as Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Browser Security are working, then your computer should be protected.

18 hours ago, puanpuan said:

Is virual keyoard necessary also ?

Virtual keyboards often work by simulating keyboard input, and it may be possible for keyloggers to read what you type on them like with a real keyboard.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware's Behavior Blocker will automatically quarantine anything trying to log keystrokes.

3 hours ago, GT500 said:

Yes, as long as Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Browser Security are working, then your computer should be protected.

Virtual keyboards often work by simulating keyboard input, and it may be possible for keyloggers to read what you type on them like with a real keyboard.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware's Behavior Blocker will automatically quarantine anything trying to log keystrokes.

Thanks, no need then.