Sign in to follow this  
scarlet14

Unable to remove detections

I have just started using a-squared and this is my first post. I have just completed a scan and have been advised to contact this forum for help as the software cannot remove 4 of the medium risk detected items. I have also a query on an item that is described as a trojan but is connected with my use of spammotel e-mail addresses. I have read the moderator's advice for posting logs etc but am a bit confused by this

DO NOT copy and paste logs into your replies. They will be removed by the Moderation team and you will be told to attach your logs. If your are experiencing problems attaching logs, double check the file extension.

* Allowable file types are: LOG, RAR, RTF, TXT and ZIP.

Only attach files with the extensions of LOG, TXT, and ZIP.

Can someone advise me what I need to do to get help in removing these detections please.

Hi scarlet14, and welcome to the forum.

When the report of the Deep Scan by a-squared and other required log files are ready

use the "Attachmets" section - it is under the Edit box.

Browse to the file(s) saved and use <<Attach This File>> button

Only if the file is too big (there is a size limit) you will be notified. In this case create compressed archive (RAR or ZIP) and attach it

My regards

I have attached the log as requested. Am I right in thinking that the spammotel.exe file is a false positive?

Scarlet14, the attachment was made correctly.

At the same time, since you posted into this section (Malware Removal)

you have to follow the instruction step-by-step and attach all required log files.

You can give a brief description of the problems in case your system is misbehaving.

If you are suspecting False Positive flaggings, please submit the flagged items from the detection list to EMSI developers for analysis

You may consider to create new thread in the respective section (a2-Free in your case) in order to find out how to investigate the matter before making decisions to quarantine or delete

My regards