Sign in to follow this  
Jhon Mexes

Online Armor + Emsisoft

Hello Everybody

This is my first thread :D:D

I want to ask about the contradiction between Online Armor and Emsisoft Anti-malware

because both of them have an web shield and program guars

So, shall I turn of any of them

Also, shall I put each one in the execlusion of the other one

Thanks alot in advance :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can run OA Premium and Anti-malware together :) Emsisoft's website states that the two programs compliment each other nicely. When you say that Anti-malware has a Web Shield and Program Guard, I assume you are referring to the Surf Protection and the Background Guard? OA's Program Guard is a classical HIPS and Anti-malware's Background Guard is a Behaviour Blocker so they work in different ways and can be run alongside each other. Looking at the description of Surf Protection on Emsisoft's website, it looks like OA's Web Shield and Anti-malware's Surf Protection may have some of the same features but they also each have their own unique ones. I don't have any personal experience with running them with both turned on; it's likely the only issue you might see (if any) is a slow down in browsing. If that's the case, you can always choose which one you prefer and disable the other.

I would definitely add each program to the other's exclusions list :) This is always the best way to avoid conflicts between security programs.

You can run OA Premium and Anti-malware together :) Emsisoft's website states that the two programs compliment each other nicely. When you say that Anti-malware has a Web Shield and Program Guard, I assume you are referring to the Surf Protection and the Background Guard? OA's Program Guard is a classical HIPS and Anti-malware's Background Guard is a Behaviour Blocker so they work in different ways and can be run alongside each other. Looking at the description of Surf Protection on Emsisoft's website, it looks like OA's Web Shield and Anti-malware's Surf Protection may have some of the same features but they also each have their own unique ones. I don't have any personal experience with running them with both turned on; it's likely the only issue you might see (if any) is a slow down in browsing. If that's the case, you can always choose which one you prefer and disable the other.

I would definitely add each program to the other's exclusions list :) This is always the best way to avoid conflicts between security programs.

Thank you for your response

but the OA Program Guard contradict with Behavior Blocker in Emsisoft Anti-malware

Also, Emsisoft Anti-malware has more features in Surf Protection than OA , so I think I dont need both of them

because this may slow down my computer