"...decryption MAY be possible in the future."

Hello, I see a lot of similar threads to the one I'm about to start, but I've tried the software and I'm running out of options so here goes:

I've downloaded and tried Emsisoft Decryptor for STOP Djvu, and get the following message upon running it:

Error: No key for New Variant offline ID: 2f4OfOSHaJTDMA9o58Df7yU9jUpxyfWKcEPew2t1
Notice: this ID appears be an offline ID, decryption MAY be possible in the future.

I've read similar threads and a few people have initially got this message, then in the future they've posted again to say the decryptor now works. This gives me hope that I'll be able to get my files back in the future.

I guess I'm writing to ask how long I'm likely to have to wait before this is possible.
Also, would you recommend anybody I could hire to decrypt them for me? The files all have .ygkz extensions on them.

Thanks for your free software, I'm sure you've saved a lot of people already!

15 hours ago, Stuart991 said:

I guess I'm writing to ask how long I'm likely to have to wait before this is possible.

Private keys for offline ID's are donated by victims who have paid the ransom, and there's no way to know when that may happen. The list of variants we've received private keys for is relatively small compared to the list of variants of this ransomware.

15 hours ago, Stuart991 said:

Also, would you recommend anybody I could hire to decrypt them for me?

Anyone offering paid decryption service is a scammer. There are a few companies that claim they can decrypt any ransomware, but they just secretly pay the ransom for you and send you the decrypter and private key the criminals sent to them. The rest will just take your money, and give you nothing in return.

19 hours ago, Stuart991 said:

Luckily I have some fairly recent backups of most of my files, so it could be a lot worse...

Just a recommendation for backups, make sure you use backup media that you can disconnect the computer. Ransomware will usually encrypt any files on any drives connected to the computer.

On 2/20/2021 at 3:00 PM, Stuart991 said:

Hello, I see a lot of similar threads to the one I'm about to start, but I've tried the software and I'm running out of options so here goes:

I've downloaded and tried Emsisoft Decryptor for STOP Djvu, and get the following message upon running it:

Error: No key for New Variant offline ID: 2f4OfOSHaJTDMA9o58Df7yU9jUpxyfWKcEPew2t1
Notice: this ID appears be an offline ID, decryption MAY be possible in the future.

I've read similar threads and a few people have initially got this message, then in the future they've posted again to say the decryptor now works. This gives me hope that I'll be able to get my files back in the future.

Also, would you recommend anybody I could hire to decrypt them for me? The files all have .ygkz extensions on them.

On 2/20/2021 at 3:00 PM, Stuart991 said:

Hi I have the same problem that you had, did you find anything you can help me with, thanks in advance

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, JAY ROSE said:

May I know if there is a decryptor for .MOQS now? 

This newest variant Stop Ransomware. It was just released yesterday.
Only after a few days or weeks, when someone buys a key and shares it with us, it will be possible to add it to the Decryptor.

It can happen and for some users, it will be Happy Decryption Day. We hope together with you. In theory, this should happen. 

But if the 'Online ID' was used, then decryption is impossible in the same way that is now used.

• 2 weeks later...