beta 10716

JeremyNicoll

27 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Regexes: which engine?

PCRE

Please note that:
1.  RegEx only is supported by Emsisoft Browser Security and not by Web Protection.
2. We soon will publish a new version of Browser Security to the browser stores, which fixes some issues and supports Block/Don't Block rules (managed in EAM and Workspace) and RegEx.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 8:09 PM, JeremyNicoll said:

The tooltip on the Web Protection page of the GUI (if you do an "Add rule" or "Edit rule") says that regexes are supported.  Is that wrong, then?

This one ? looks like it states that RegEx is supported  for Browser Security only;

image.png.10b8031d5bd967f3f292a3c835ad78ae.png

It''s the tooltip for that specific field though, in a part of the GUI where people would think - since it's the /Web/ Protection screen, that they are affecting browser security.

Why mention regexes there if they are not applicable there?  if regexes only currently work in /Browser Security/ but not in browser security, I think that subtlety will be lost on many people.

Also, bear in mind that when I first looked at this, I'd just read /your/ announcement, which said: "New support for RegEx-based rules in Web Protection [,....]" which maybe made me read the tooltip slightly less critically than I would otherwise.  I expected/hoped to see info about how to use them, there.  (I mean, I use REs often, but I expected to see useful info for everyone to understand.)

40 minutes ago, JeremyNicoll said:

Why mention regexes there if they are not applicable there? 

Emsisoft Browser Security rules are integrated with EAM since last release. Rules you set in EAM will be pushed to Browser Security.

RegEx only is supported by Browser Security, hence the tooltip.

Hello, my license is running out in 10 days, so I'm leaving the beta program. I would like to continue but unfortunately the price of a subscription is a little expensive for my country.