Sign in to follow this  
Acadia

Frustration with resetting

I purchased a 3-license family pack good for a couple of years, a year or so ago. I just installed Win7 over XP (clean install). I had reached my 3-license limit so came here to reset my installation. The login is not recognizing my email address. This is the correct address because I went into that email account and viewed my original purchase.

If someone from admin can contact me, I can give you my license code, order ID, and license name.

This is really quite frustrating when you know that you've got the correct information and a company is not recognizing you.

Thank you,

Acadia

Hi Acadia,

When you say you came "here" are you referring to the forum? You need to login to the User Area and follow these instructions to reset your key.

You can reset an installation from the user area by following these steps:

1. Go to the Online Armor homepage www.online-armor.com.

2. Click on "Login".

3. Enter your email and password. If you do not know your password, follow the "email me my password" prompts.

4. Select the “Reset installation” option and follow the wizard steps. Note that you could get the "Activation Limit Reached" message if, for example, you replaced hardware on your computer or installed Online Armor onto a new hard disk.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your post and you have already tried this. In that case, I would suggest opening a ticket with Emsisoft's Customer Center and they will sort it out for you :) You can sign up for it here http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/account/

Thanks catprincess. I got support, they told me to register, I did. It accepted my license key, etc. Now when I go to manage my licenses, I get the message that I have no licenses registered. I tried to reregister again and it told me someone already had my email address ... yes, that is ME, but now I cannot do a darn thing! AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!! This has gone from frustrating to infuriating.

Acadia

An update: I tried registering my key with a different email address and it told me that my key was already registered. So they have my license key somewhere but evidently not in my account because it tells me that there are no licenses.

I paid good money for this product, I have the right to use it!

Thanks again, Cat Princess,

Acadia

When you purchased, a User Area account should have been automatically created for you (and the login details sent in the email that contained your key). Did you try logging into the User Area using these details?

When you purchased, a User Area account should have been automatically created for you (and the login details sent in the email that contained your key). Did you try logging into to the User Area using these details?

Yes, that is the original email address that it did not recognize that started this whole thing. I just went into my original email again, and everything is there, license key, order number, etc. But Emsisoft does not recognize that original, good email address, only the new one where my license does not show even though they accepted it when I created it.

Thanks,

Acadia

Thank you very much, Christian, email is on its way.

Acadia

I would like to thank CatPrincess and Christian, I believe that the problem is solved. I was using the Emsisoft Customer Center when I should have been using the one at Online-Armor.com.

Thanks again,

Acadia