Sign in to follow this  
scarlet14

Unable to delete detections

Could someone tell me how to Quarantine/delete the detections in the attached log please. I previously posted this request in the wrong forum (malware removal). Also I would like to know how I contact the EMSI engineers to flag up a possible false positive.

Thanks

Could someone tell me how to Quarantine/delete the detections in the attached log please.

Also I would like to know how I contact the EMSI engineers to flag up a possible false positive.

Hi scarlet14,

You could just ask to move your thread here.

If you are suspecting False Positives (FP) you have to investigate first.

You don't delete. You may consider to quarantine, but you still has to be careful (see P.S.)

As it was advised, please submit the items from the detection list.

- Select the item(s);

- Right-Click;

- Choose "Submit as false alert" from pop-up menu

If the analysis by developers will confirm FP(s) the fix will be delivered with subsequent updates. You have to rescan after updates.

You don't need Deep Scan all the time. You can use Custom Scan of the folder where file are residing. Leave all options as default.

In addition read the following link. In the reply from Thursday, 25 December under “submitting and or auto-rescanning” there are helpful references about different ways to do that.

I hope you will learn how to investigate, submit detected items, setting Re-Scan option, etc., e.g.: “How should I treat the malware I found?"

Please ask if you have further questions

My regards

P.S.

1) Read this [sticky] That is posted into every section of the forum and may help in the future

2) As for the Traces - they may not necessarily represent danger. Read this article

All traces are rescanned on every Quick Scan, for example so you can check those after submission as well