Online Armor and FreeRapid

JackIngles

Hello , there is a problem with FreeRapid download manager . it's java and it creates some dll file in temp directory and run it but that files are always different that's why Online Armor ask me every time to allow to run FreeRapid even it's in trusted programm list but it kinda annoying action so can you tell me what to do to make Online Armor not ask me every time or can you update the programm ?

Jack, I may be completely wrong (I'm just starting out with OA myself), but I think if you go to the "Programs" list, find FreeRapid, then right-click and choose advanced options. Here there will be a setting for "create executable" click "More" and choose to allow all. If this doesn't work, you could try selecting "Installer" from the advanced options.

Just to be clear, you will be, arguably, lessening the security provided by the program guard, for this program. However, if this is a program that you know and trust, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

If this doesn't work, you could try selecting "Installer" from the advanced options.

Just to be clear, you will be, arguably, lessening the security provided by the program guard, for this program. However, if this is a program that you know and trust, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Hi,

Marking a program as an installer means that any Unknown programs it needs to run will be allowed automatically. So think twice before marking a download manager as an installer. However, I would not recommend to do so, even if it could probably solve your problem - as Qwerty wrote.

Regards,

N.

Jack, I may be completely wrong (I'm just starting out with OA myself), but I think if you go to the "Programs" list, find FreeRapid, then right-click and choose advanced options. Here there will be a setting for "create executable" click "More" and choose to allow all.

The Advanced Permissions are already allowed by default for Trusted programs :) The only case where they wouldn't be is if the user has specifically configured them to be blocked etc.