Sign in to follow this  
IckeAlex

Online Armor wont remember settings

Hi Folks,

here's my little problem: last year (about novemver) i installed a calender software with remember functionallity. I set it to trust and allow, so it could load automatically on reboot. Now (some 3 month after that) online armor starts to ask about that programm on every boot. Calender programm is shown as set to untrusted and ask. It doesn't matter wether i set it to trust and allow in boot pop up or click that pop up away and make the change in OA itself when booting finished, OA doesn't remember this setting and asks about it on next boot again (very frustrating and unnerving).

I remember a similar issue was reported on last forum, but cant recall the solution...

Any suggestions on how to make OA keep the settings, please?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Alex

Perhaps one of the things you could try (and often works) is to re-run the Safety Check Wizard and select trust all.

Or alternatively, you could try closing the calender software and deleting all the items related to it in the Programs list. After that put OA in Learning Mode.

Then you should reboot your system, exit Learning Mode, go to the Programs list, search for the related items and trust all of them.

This worked for me in the past.

Regards,

N.

Thanks to you both for your answers!

For now, the newly run security wizard solution works for me, but i'll keep the other one in mind for future problems...

Thanks again!

Regards

Alex

I have had a similar problem for some time now with a few programs. One, whenever I launch IE, OA asks if I want to allow QTTASK.EXE to run at startup. I select No and Remember, but OA never does. And the modules connected to my HP wireless printer are always popping up - I select Remember and again, OA never does. Why is that? It seems like a simple enough request for the software to obey. Frustrating to say the least. I'll try the remedy mentioned above, but I'm not confident.

I am having the same problem with the latest version. I installed it fresh and it not remembering my setting for Thunderbird (takes 2 confirmations to accept my decision), Skype (takes 2 confirmations to accept my decision) and sometimes Firefox. I have previously removed their permissions from the firewall settings and re-accepted them and still the same issues happens. I am not using HIPS feature.

Is there a solution to this issue, this was happening with the last version, I hoped that this version would resolve the matter.

I've also experienced OA forgetting that it is/was already installed and insisting on re-running install/config wizards.

This topic is about Online Armor forgetting decisions made for other applications. Not about it forgetting it's own settings. Please create a new topic and make sure to include all the requested information outlined here:

http://support.emsisoft.com/forum-53/announcement-11-information-to-include-in-your-support-requests/