Sign in to follow this  
brandonn2008

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Hello. Starting a few days ago, OA will pop up 2 alerts for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Even though I hit allow and trust, it comes up every time. I don't know why, since OA hasn't had an update, nor has Bad Company 2.

I also have big problems with OA and with this game! On starting the game the game was blocking few times, so I minimized it every time and I allowed everything I was asked to in OA pop-up windows. That was just as I expected. Also, I checked "Remember my decision" option. So, now all this game related files are trusted in Online Armor's list of programs: BFBC2Game.exe, BFBC2Updater.exe, PnkBstrA.exe, PnkBstrB.exe and PnkBstrK.sys.

Now the game starts, but after trying to go to multiplayer lobby the game freezes! Not completely, but all menues are responding terribly slow. It's like I have to click on some menu and wait like 30-40 seconds for new option to show up. Also text which is passing by on lower screen in game freezes, then continues for few seconds, then freezes, and similar things. I can't even start a game match. Even exiting the game is soo slow (click on exit, wait 30 seconds for yes/no popup to open, click on yes, wait another 30-40 seconds for game to close).

But when I finally exit the game, I can't see any pop-up window with some question from OA. I can't even see some events blocked on the History list Also I enabled logging all events in Options, but in logs there are just "Passed by rule..." messages and similar. Not a single log with word "blocked" or something like that! Then why is it blocking the game even after I allowed everything about the game?!

When I turn off OA the game runs absolutely normaly, without any problems. So, OA is causing the problems, obviously.

I also have big problems with OA and with this game!

You could try closing Battlefield and deleting all the items related to it in the Programs List.

After that put OA in Learning Mode - Please, keep in mind that you must be sure that your system is free of malware before enabling Learning Mode because any malware on your system while in Learning Mode will automatically be allowed to run and ignored by Online Armor.

Reboot your system and start Battlefield. Play with it for a few seconds and then close it.

Exit Learning Mode, go to the Programs List, search for all the items related to Battlefield and trust all of them.

I hope this may help you.

You can read more about Learning Mode here: http://www.online-armor.com/webhelp3/LrnMode.html

Regards,

N.

I added the whole BFBC2 folder to Exclusions. Now it's working without blocking.

Anyway, it looks that OA wasn't blocking internet access to the game (there is no any log about it), but that it was terribly slowing the game in menues (probably because of some scanning process, or something like that).

I added the whole BFBC2 folder to Exclusions. Now it's working without blocking.

Anyway, it looks that OA wasn't blocking internet access to the game (there is no any log about it), but that it was terribly slowing the game in menues (probably because of some scanning process, or something like that).

Adding the game's folder to exclusions fixed it. It also stopped an issue where the game would freeze for 20 seconds or so after logging in, and then work fine. I though it was just a glitch, but apparently it was OA.