Nevi

Leak test fail

I have just tried Gibsons Leaktest,and Online Armor did not say a word,but allowed the leaktest,so it failed.Why?

Its free edition.

Go into your "programs" tab and find leaktest.exe

(Or you can just check the programs added by date and find it that way.)

Click on the "leak test" and change the trust level and status from trusted/allowed to "unknown"/"ask".

Then I believe you'll find that OA passes the test with no issues.

The problem is that OA's whitelist (OASIS) already "knows" that the GRC leak test is not a true threat to your system.

(I also had to do the same thing with the "logging" tests from Zemana and SpyShelter. OA passes them with flying colors as well.)

I have tried (after it failed first time),to delete it all together,so it was not in OA anymore,and even then,OA dont ask anything it just let it go through.If it cant even make that leaktest,PC tools is maybe a better choice.At least it ask?OA dont ask anything.It just give access.

I have tried (after it failed first time),to delete it all together,so it was not in OA anymore,and even then,OA dont ask anything it just let it go through.If it cant even make that leaktest,PC tools is maybe a better choice.At least it ask?OA dont ask anything.It just give access.

When you say OA doesn't ask, are you referring to it not asking when you run the program, or when the program tries to access the internet? Do you have "Intercept loopback interface" ticked under Options -> Firewall?

It dosent show anything,or ask about anything,the leakt est just fail.And of course I make sure to delete everything in OA before I make a new test.It seems there is a bug.

Yes intercept looopback is ticked.

If you don't go into the programs list and change the status, the next time you go to run the program the same thing will happen as it will be "trusted" automatically via OASIS/Whitelist.

Follow my steps above and you'll see that it quite clearly catches and labels the threats (on all of the "tests" I listed).

You don't have to remove them before re-running the programs. Just effect the status changes.

Thats why I told before that I go into the firewall and delete EVERYTHING regarding leaktest.There must be a bug somewhere.Its not my computer,it was reinstalled with new Windows yesteday.

But this aint working.Me think I go back to PC Tools FW,at least that one can take the leaktest(most of them).

Thank you for the help.

When you execute the program you should get an orange popup saying "A program wants to run" (I have checked and this leaktest is not trusted by the whitelist and I get this popup if I run it). It looks like you have had this problem before on the old forum http://support.online-armor.com/showthread.php?t=3745 I'm pretty doubtful it's a bug with OA because back then, no one else reported having this problem either. Perhaps it's something to do with other security software you may have installed. Although last time, reinstalling OA reportedly fixed the issue. If you can provide "All activity" firewall logs of the time you do the test they may help to pinpoint exactly what is occurring.

I assume you are running the latest version of OA, 4.5.1.431?

When you execute the program you should get an orange popup saying "A program wants to run" (I have checked and this leaktest is not trusted by the whitelist and I get this popup if I run it). It looks like you have had this problem before on the old forum http://support.online-armor.com/showthread.php?t=3745 I'm pretty doubtful it's a bug with OA because back then, no one else reported having this problem either. Perhaps it's something to do with other security software you may have installed. Although last time, reinstalling OA reportedly fixed the issue. If you can provide "All activity" firewall logs of the time you do the test they may help to pinpoint exactly what is occurring.

I assume you are running the latest version of OA, 4.5.1.431?

Yes I know,but there was no orange pop up.Just for clarification,the first time I had a problem with the leak test,was because the firewall was in learning mode.As soon I took it to normal mode it catched the test.But this time,nothing.The computer is newly reinstalled with Windows,so maybe I just have a weird computer.But I have no problems with PC Tools,it both ask,and block the test.Yes it was the newest model 431.

Do you have PC Tools installed on this computer at the same time as OA? What other security software are you running on this computer? Do you have Program Guard enabled (it should be ticked on General)? If so, do you have "Prompt when running unknown programs" ticked under Programs -> Options?

Do you have PC Tools installed on this computer at the same time as OA? What other security software are you running on this computer? Do you have Program Guard enabled (it should be ticked on General)? If so, do you have "Prompt when running unknown programs" ticked under Programs -> Options?

If I had used 2 firewalls,it wouldnt be so strange there was a malfunction.No I only use 1 firewall at a time.Yes I had all the right places ticked.Remember I have used OA a looong time before this.I use Prevx 3.0,and Clear Cloud DNS,and now PC Tools firewall.Nothing more.It seems its just one of those times where something on my computer make it impossible to use OA.No biggie. :)

Its still a great FW.

Okay, no worries :) Without OA installed now there's not really any way of determining what was causing the problem, but it kind of sounds like the whole installation of OA may have been corrupted from the start.