I'd like to take this moment as opportunity to express my feedback to Emsisoft as well, hope that's ok even tho i am aware that this forum is not for feedbacks but if they really care well i'm sure they'll hear it from here as well.
about the Emsisoft team is doing well thing.. well, I also hope that they are all doing well specialy my dear David B.
but that aside, no. they are not doing that well in terms of the company/software itself at least as far as users can see. now that might be a bit aggressive but it is coming from a fan of company so..

the picture OP posted is well actually Bitdefender' job since Emsi using their engine + the in house engine which is mostly about PUA or at least it used to be this way. so thanks Emsi for keep paying for Bit engine that's a good extra to have, i just hope that our Emsi lab team which should be very few but yet all professional in what they are doing, also start hunting more stuff, i remember back in the 2017 2018 if i'm not wrong we used to play with malware packages in forums etc and like in almost every package we had 40-50% of the package picked up by the in-house engine which was A i believe? well that's not the case anymore.

and about the tests, Emsi is not participating in some bigger names av test companies like av-test av-c, well the excuse for that was that Emsi have not that much budget to waste for such tests some like that? ok. where is Emsi investing that budget now? we have had not a single security related update on the software for months maybe years now. more and more people are noticing this even in forums like MalwareTips etc.. noticed this. Emsi is more about management than security itself lately. almost all updates changelogs are "minor tweaks and fixes", i don't like to even say it but it is becoming like Webroot nowadays.. no new feature for years no real improvements no nothing.

you could open a feature request subforum with the money you didn't waste on tests, instead you preferred spent that all on management console and playing with notifications/alerts for the past 2 years as far as i have track of.

yup that was all i'd like you guys to hear, hope it will get to the responsible person' ears.

7 hours ago, ParhaM said:

hope that's ok even tho i am aware that this forum is not for feedbacks but if they really care well i'm sure they'll hear it from here as well.

It would be OK if you weren't hijacking someone else's topic. I'll move your post and mine into a new topic once I've finished typing it. You will have to find the new topic yourself though, as apparently it's a violation of GDPR for me to use the "Log in as" feature on the forums to log in as you and follow the new topic for you.

6 hours ago, ParhaM said:

i remember back in the 2017 2018 if i'm not wrong we used to play with malware packages in forums etc and like in almost every package we had 40-50% of the package picked up by the in-house engine which was A i believe? well that's not the case anymore.

We remove any duplicate signatures from our own database. There's no good reason to keep a signature for something in our database if BitDefender's engine also detects it, and doing so bloats the database with redundant signatures, so every now and then we go through the process of checking for and removing duplicate signatures as part of regular database optimizations. This will probably bias the detections in favor of the BitDefender engine, since its our own engine that we're removing the duplicate signatures from.

ok. where is Emsi investing that budget now?

We don't make our budget public, and quite frankly I don't think our management has ever had a company meeting where they let our employees know where we spend our money either, so all I can say is that if you save a ridiculous amount of money by dropping out of testing then it might be able to pay a extra salary or two.

we have had not a single security related update on the software for months maybe years now.

We fix security issues in EAM on a regular basis, and we update the protection mechanisms regularly as well. We just don't make a big deal about it when we do, because those are "under the hood" changes that customer can't see (at least as long as the changes don't introduce a new bug that causes some customers to contact our support).

almost all updates changelogs are "minor tweaks and fixes"

We've never listed the majority of changes in our release notes. That's nothing new, as we've always limited the release notes to just the major things that customers were waiting for us to fix. We fill in with "minor tweaks and fixes" just to let those who read it know that we did more than the one or two other things listed in the blog posts.

no new feature for years no real improvements no nothing.

Our history of product update announcements disagrees with you:
https://blog.emsisoft.com/en/category/emsisoft-news/product-updates/

you could open a feature request subforum with the money you didn't waste on tests

It literally costs us nothing to have an extra subforum, unless we need to pay someone to monitor it and reply to topics in it.

We already had a feedback subforum in the past. Most of the topics were never replied to, as support representatives can really only thank you for your feedback and promise that it will be considered, and while members of the management team would read the feedback they didn't usually have the time to reply to most of it.

Our management team prefers feedback to be sent via to a dedicated e-mail address, that way they receive all of it in a place that's easy for them to access and review without leaving forum topics sitting there appearing to have been ignored.

instead you preferred spent that all on management console and playing with notifications/alerts for the past 2 years as far as i have track of.

The management console happens to be a rather important feature, not only for corporate customers and MSP's, but also for home users who want to be able to manage their devices quickly and easily from anywhere.

• Thanks 1