How to delete duplicate but outdated prgm rules?

pstein

Assume I have a batch script "foobar.bat" which does something (in Win7).

When I start it OA pops up and asks for permission.

I click "allow" and possibly "Trust this program". Fine.

Later I exit the batch script and change something inside the DOS batch code.

When I re-start the script I am asked again for permissions. This is fine as well.

Now I open OA "Programs" tab and found 2 (!) entries for the foobar.bat script.

Obviously every program gets for every hash code a new rule line.

Even when I click "Only deleted" the duplicate, outdated old version of foobar.bat is NOT listed.

OA seems to look only for the existence of the prgm but not for the associated hash value.

I want to reduce the number of rule lines to a minimum. So I prefer to delete the old outdated rule

for foobar.bat. How can I achieve this?

This permanently remembering applies as well to non-bat scripts but to *.exe prgms as well.

I have approx 10 programs with 2 or more entries!!!

How can I tell OA: "Check if program WITH specific hash code (!) exists". If hash code does not fit to current prgm. version then mark it

as deleted".

Peter

Are you sure the program is deleted and not still in a temporary directory perhaps? If an entry no longer exists it should be highlighted grey automatically. You can right click the entry and choose "Open file location" to get to the program.

I'm not sure if this applicable to you, but if you have "Hide Trusted" ticked in the Program's list, and also tick "Only Deleted", any deleted entries that were Trusted would not be displayed.

Now I open OA "Programs" tab and found 2 (!) entries for the foobar.bat script.

Obviously every program gets for every hash code a new rule line.

I've just done a quick test of that myself (trust batch file, modify, run and trust again) and I didn't get a second entry in the Programs list. The original entry simply got an updated hash. However, if I move the same (already trusted) batch file elsewhere, either by cutting or copying, I do get a new alert window and subsequent "Programs" entry for each different location, even with the same hash. Which is probably fair, because a program that you trust to run in it's own directory, you may not trust to run in the windows directory.

Even when I click "Only deleted" the duplicate, outdated old version of foobar.bat is NOT listed.

OA seems to look only for the existence of the prgm but not for the associated hash value.

So, when is it listed then? Only if "Only Deleted" is not selected? In that case, it must be green and would suggest that it still exists.

Having said that, (I don't know what the rules are with regard to mentioning competitor's products here, but) "a competitor" has a button to simply "Purge" all non-existant program entries. It might be an idea for OA to have one of these. Finally, I also noticed that I have a deleted program called www.google.com with a file date of 1899...