Sign in to follow this  
G_girl

Firefox OA Firewall and Webmail

Something in the firewall is blocking me from going to webmail.earthlink.net going to earthlink.net works, going to any page on earthlink.net works except for their webmail.. I've looked all through the firewall settings to find what the problem is and cant find anything.. including advanced options.

If i disable the firewall I can get to it but not unless I do. The same is happening for some of the sign-in pages on some sites.

Any idea what's going on ?

What actually happens when you go to one of these sites? Do you get an error message saying the site won't load? When you say you can get to it if you disable the firewall, are you referring to shutting down OA completely, or just disabling the actual Firewall component? If it's the latter (which confirms it's actually the firewall component rather a different component of OA), have you checked the Firewall log window for blocked events when you try to visit these sites?

What actually happens when you go to one of these sites? Do you get an error message saying the site won't load? When you say you can get to it if you disable the firewall, are you referring to shutting down OA completely, or just disabling the actual Firewall component? If it's the latter (which confirms it's actually the firewall component rather a different component of OA), have you checked the Firewall log window for blocked events when you try to visit these sites?

Hi Catprincess,

I think it must have been an earthlink issue, everything's cleared itself up. If it happens again or on other sites I'll be beack :)