Pilis

Any news about a new Online Armor version?

Hello,

the last update for Online Armor was this one on Oct 28 2010. I understand there is no real need to update it since it doesn't need signature or traces updates (I'm using the version without the antivirus-scanner).

But still: I see constant development for Emsisoft Anti-Malware, but nothing for Online Armor.

So when will we see some new features, improvements, etc.?

Also: When you (Emsisoft) aquired Online Armor did you also aquire their dev-team? Or do you maintain Online-Armor now?

Greeting

Pilis

We're working on a new major release since October last year. :)

You'll be surprised by the massive amount of news that Online Armor 5.0 will introduce.

Stay tuned, release is not far away!

To answer your question: The Online Armor development team joined Emsisoft when we acquired it. We just added additional manpower to improve development a bit.

We're working on a new major release since October last year. :)

You'll be surprised by the massive amount of news that Online Armor 5.0 will introduce.

Stay tuned, release is not far away!

To answer your question: The Online Armor development team joined Emsisoft when we acquired it. We just added additional manpower to improve development a bit.

Sounds good. I would love to see OA++ with a "File and Folder Lock" B)

Hi Emsi and Fabian.

I greet the good news. I just hope the new platform will be a more stable one.

As I posted recently, after several and persisting issues in both Vista 32 and 7 64 I had to go to another FW (temporarily I hope).

So, I'd like to ask you if you're paying particular attention to compatibility.

Regards,

Jose.

I'm also waiting patiently for v5. Just out of curiosity, for those who have used their 30 day trial of v4.5, will there be a new trial for the new version?

Thank you.

And stop calling me cheap! I'm... curious (genuinely).

The trial applies to any version. Once it's expired for you, you don't get a new trial for every new release that comes out.

Edit: Just to clarify this, there is one trial per machine. If you wanted to trial OA on a different computer than the one you had already trialled it on, that would be possible.

I really love OA++ i feel it so strong even if i don't feel it yet perfect :)

Here my own 2 cents wish-list for 'OA +++' V5 or V6:

- Totally cloud AV signature (i like not AV update since i have tried benefits of Cloud AV)

- Improvement of Oasis white-list (more reactive and better; many legitimate PE are today marked as unknown (like windows mail !! for exemple))

- Improvement of website list (same) and added a complete web-shield (i had now many FP about dangerous web pages with legitimate www....)

- Automated (and working!!!) banking mode (no user interaction)

- OA++ manage extension of IE: it's Ok for 50% market share; what's about Mozilla, Chrome and Opera??

- Maybe a "host" shield extended and mixed with browser protection

- Optional : The Run Safer "completed" (maybe something like Geswall) or an automatic sandbox (Goal= less pop ups, more user friendly)

Finally, thanks a lot for hour work on x64 and that's all for now ;)

(and working!!!)

I really love OA++ i feel it so strong even if i don't feel it yet perfect :)

Here my own 2 cents wish-list for 'OA +++' V5 or V6:

- Totally cloud AV signature (i like not AV update since i have tried benefits of Cloud AV)

- Improvement of Oasis white-list (more reactive and better; many legitimate PE are today marked as unknown (like windows mail !! for exemple))

- Improvement of website list (same) and added a complete web-shield (i had now many FP about dangerous web pages with legitimate www....)

- Automated(and working!!!)banking mode (no user interaction)

- OA++ manage extension of IE: it's Ok for 50% market share; what's about Mozilla, Chrome and Opera??

- Maybe a "host" shield extended and mixed with browser protection

- Optional : The Run Safer "completed" (maybe something like Geswall) or an automatic sandbox (Goal= less pop ups, more user friendly)

Finally, thanks a lot for hour work on x64 and that's all for now ;)

My sense is, there needs to be a major development(shift) in how Banking Mode functions (DNS Handling)(how sites are remembered in "Banking Mode").

I have been communicating with support on the "Banking Mode" problem for over (3)three months witb absolutely no resolution or comment on what the possibilities might be, for the inability of OA++ Bsnking Mode to function(Remenber learned Banking Web sites).

So I certainly hope their work on developing and improving "The Banking Mode" for version 5 is the reason there has been No Progress and only intermittent communication(at best), with my on-going support ticket!!

My link

Attention to posts #23 on. B)

In any case, its obvious to me, "Banking Mode" needs major work in order to function correctly and qualify as a credible and effective 'feature'of OA++.

And I am excited and confident that the developers are aware of this need and version 5 will adddress this problem. :)

Will never happen. The drawbacks would be just too high. Maybe as a support but never as a standalone.

There are plans to replace OASIS in 6.0.

Banking Mode in my opinion is broken and needs major work. A redesign of it is scheduled for 6.0.

It's removed entirely in 5.0 due to the fact that it is pointless.

TMA86, on 06 March 2011 - 03:11 AM, said:

Banking Mode in my opinion is broken and needs major work. A redesign of it is scheduled for 6.0.

The fact that it is broken is I think, well known. However, having "Banking Mode" as an advertised feature and not funtioning (credible), this concerns me greatly; it is one of the main reasons I purchased OA++!!!

If true, to wait until version 6 (with no public statement) is totally disappointing, to say the least.

The fact that it is broken is I think, well known. However, having "Banking Mode" as an advertised feature and not funtioning (credible), this concerns me greatly; it is one of the main reasons I purchased OA++!!!

Maybe it wasn't obvious but I was, like TMA86, talking about the Banking Mode usability being broken. The feature itself works with a few technical limitations (proxies being one of them). If it doesn't work for you and it was in fact one of the main reasons why you purchased OA++ I can always arrange a refund for you.

Maybe it wasn't obvious but I was, like TMA86, talking about the Banking Mode usability being broken. The feature itself works with a few technical limitations (proxies being one of them). If it doesn't work for you and it was in fact one of the main reasons why you purchased OA++ I can always arrange a refund for you.

Thank you Fabian: I appolize if I misunderstood.

A refund is indeed very gracious, however I will continue to use OA++ and work with the support team for the duration. ;)

I would appreciate a dialogue concerning these "few technical limitations" and the issue of 'rotating DNS' with Banking sites and is OA going to account for (address) this; I believe, for me this is really the center of my issue. B)

Thank you Fabian: I appolize if I misunderstood.

A refund is indeed very gracious, however I will continue to use OA++ and work with the support team for the duration. ;)

I asked Andrey to take another look at your issue. If you don't hear from him in the next 24 hours please drop me a PM so I can see what is taking him so long ;).

Gentlemen, thanks for replies .

So I'm not alone to have some troubles or curious behavior with banking mode...

V5 is planned for Q4 2011, isn't it? so i can think that V6 is planned for Q4 2012

when "Windows 8" may be in the wild or near to be.

Good luck for development and I hope V5 and next versions will offer, like today, the

best weapons to deal with futures nasty malwares.

Have a nice day

V5 for March 2011!! Happy to read that! Thank you.

V5 will may be reach 100% or near, like CIS or OSSS on Matousec leaktest (if they try it and if this tests are usefull....)?

But it's a considerable publicity that's lost.

Not really. But even if it would be there is nothing we can do about it. So every discussion about it is ultimately pointless.

I asked Andrey to take another look at your issue. If you don't hear from him in the next 24 hours please drop me a PM so I can see what is taking him so long ;).

Well I guess I will wait and see if anything improves/changes with the Banking Mode (Learn)function and "rotating DNS" recognition in Version 5 B)

I will PM you then. :)

New planed release-date is April now.

This is by the way primarily because we have a few press arrangements that made it necessary to change the ETA. Most likely we will offer a public release candidate soon if you really can't wait ;).

This is by the way primarily because we have a few press arrangements that made it necessary to change the ETA. Most likely we will offer a public release candidate soon if you really can't wait ;).

Same, looking forward to RC version :o

Just a question: OA++ V5 will be available with OA++ V4.5 auto-update or a clean install will be required?

A clean install won't be required. Essentially you can just run the setup and let it update your current installation. I am not 100% certain about the auto-update. We will do it if we can but I can't guarantee it.

Will there still be an OA++ version in v5?

Of course.

Are there any news about a public beta (in the meaning of not requiring to write a pm to Emsi)? I got 2 computers (32 and 64 Bit version of Windows 7) and I got the feeling that OA does not work that well with SP1 and want to test if version 5 works better and do not know if i got the requirements for beta testing, i.e. I am not often at home at the weekend and do not know how much time i have to review it good because of my working time.

Hello from Ukraine! When, when, when already will there be 5.0?!! it is very desirable well! :)

Hi Illuminati,

Fabian has posted above that version 5 is due to be released in April. So, not too much longer now ;)

Hi Illuminati,

Fabian has posted above that version 5 is due to be released in April. So, not too much longer now ;)

Привет)но ведь сначала обещали в марте :blush:

Any chance of release notes while we wait?

I'm particularly curious about those "400 small improvements" mentioned in the German page linked some posts above.

Quote from Fabian:

A clean install won't be required. Essentially you can just run the setup and let it update your current installation

What I read here is that V5 will be a much improved V4.5 and that V6 will be a "new" OA. Am I wrong?

Regards,

Jose.

I'm particularly curious about those "400 small improvements" mentioned in the German page linked some posts above.

We won't include all 400 changes in the release notes. Nobody will read about 20 - 30 pages of text. Instead we focus on the main changes who have already been outlined in the newsletter.

What I read here is that V5 will be a much improved V4.5 and that V6 will be a "new" OA. Am I wrong?

Something like that, yes.