Sign in to follow this  
BLewellyn

OA blocking System Restore

Hello,

Thanks in advance for any help I receive on this. I am trying to finish cleaning up my PC after doing battle with about 11 Trojans with the help of Geeks to Go (who recommended the OA firewall to me). Unfortunately, when I try to use the system restore in tools I get a message that OA is blocking the rstrui.dll. How do I get the firewall to let system restore do its thing? I don't recall blocking this myself since I have not used this tool previously.

BTW, I really like this firewall.

Thanks for your consideration.

B

Hi B,

Can you take a look in OA's Programs list and see if you can see a red entry for rstrui.dll? Untick the hide "Hide trusted" box to make it show all entries :)

Hi catprincess,

Yes, thank you. I've found it now. It was blocked.

B

Okay, great :) Were you able to unblock it and get your system restore working again?

Yes, thank you. I'm puzzled about WHY it was blocked though. do you have any insight into that?

B

It may have been blocked before OA's GUI was available to ask you for a decision, although usually that would result in the Blocked program's window appearing when the GUI had started. Perhaps some setting went haywire when the trojans were being cleaned up.

It may have been blocked before OA's GUI was available to ask you for a decision, although usually that would result in the Blocked program's window appearing when the GUI had started. Perhaps some setting went haywire when the trojans were being cleaned up.

OK, thanks. I'm getting an education with these things. It's been interesting.

B