Sanitylost

Online Armor & Google Chrome

There is a annoying problem when Google Chrome updates. Chrome opens but will not load pages even after OA has told me that Chrome has changed and I have clicked "Allow". The only way I can fix this is to run the "Safety Check Wizard" and trust everything.

This happens on both my laptop and my desktop which are both running XP SP3.

The only thing "Turned On" in OA is the Firewall, the "Web Shield", "Program Guard" & "Keyloggers" are unchecked (Off).

Hopefully someone has a solution and if not I hope that the guys from OA and GC can get this figured out.

Thanks

Do you have HIPS features completely disabled or just the mentioned components unticked? By disabling HIPS completely, I mean right clicking the OA icon and choosing "Deactivate HIPS features". If you've already done this, you'll see "Activate HIPS features" there instead.

No I have not disabled HIPS.

If I disable it will it effect the firewall's ability to function or is this something completely separate and independent to the firewall?

Do you have HIPS features completely disabled or just the mentioned components unticked? By disabling HIPS completely, I mean right clicking the OA icon and choosing "Deactivate HIPS features". If you've already done this, you'll see "Activate HIPS features" there instead.

Thanks Cat, I disabled "HIPS" on the laptop but not on the PC. Chrome updated last night and this morning "OA" had to re-scan for Chrome to work on the PC but not on the laptop.

So disabling the "HIPS" feature resolves the problem. :)

One question though. Will the "Web Shield", "Program Guard" and "Keyloggers" work, if I decide to use them, with "HIPS" disabled?

Thanks again for your help in resolving this for me.

One question though. Will the "Web Shield", "Program Guard" and "Keyloggers" work, if I decide to use them, with "HIPS" disabled?

You're welcome :) Web Shield, Program Guard and Keyloggers are HIPS features so they won't be active if HIPS is disabled. However, you may find that with all HIPS features activated, that the problem doesn't exist. It may have been something about disabling the individual components without fully disabling HIPS that caused the issue with Chrome.

You're welcome :) Web Shield, Program Guard and Keyloggers are HIPS features so they won't be active if HIPS is disabled. However, you may find that with all HIPS features activated, that the problem doesn't exist. It may have been something about disabling the individual components without fully disabling HIPS that caused the issue with Chrome.

OK, Maybe I'll try later in life to enable all but for now I'll just stick with "HIPS" disabled.

Thanks again for the info.

I have also had this problem and I found that opening chrome while in learning mode will let Online Armor trust chrome and therefore not having to turn off the HIPS features, however the autocomplete in google search will not function.

I have also had this problem and I found that opening chrome while in learning mode will let Online Armor trust chrome and therefore not having to turn off the HIPS features, however the autocomplete in google search will not function.

Are you running OA with only the firewall component ticked, like the OP?

I can't remember exactly so I left only the firewall on and tried, and like you said Chrome wouldn't load, so I turned the other components on and Chrome loaded. I wasn't sure so I tried again and strangely Chrome loaded even with only the firewall turned on.

Well, hopefully it will continue to work without problems :) The OP's post in the only one other than yours that I recall has reported this issue. They were running with just the Firewall component enabled and everything else unticked, however HIPS features had not been fully deactivated (there is no point in having them activated anyway if you have unticked all other components). Possibly this may have been causing something strange to occur.