4 years and still the same bug/issue, Never, ever tool work

maki

I have reported this bug hundreds of times, but after a one-year hiatus and another update - I can see that the developers have done nothing but nothing to make the software work. For 3-4 years - the tool simply cannot start scanning if the Detect Rootkis option is enabled.
This is 100% an application bug, because I tested it on many machines with Windows 7 64-bit.
This is the only tool among hundreds of other tools that cannot start a scan operation, and search for breaks is enabled.
The log cannot even record what file it is stopping at.
4 years without any further help, the tool will end up in the trash again.

Hello maki,

That is almost always due to conflict. Most likely, with your SATA or SCSI device drivers. I'd suggest making sure they're up to date and trying again. However, it's very rare to actually need to use the rootkit scan option. It's there in case a rootkit is suspected. Many rootkits can be caught by behavior rather than by scan anyway.

2 hours ago, David Biggar said:

Hello maki,

That is almost always due to conflict. Most likely, with your SATA or SCSI device drivers. I'd suggest making sure they're up to date and trying again. However, it's very rare to actually need to use the rootkit scan option. It's there in case a rootkit is suspected. Many rootkits can be caught by behavior rather than by scan anyway.

I tested 20 different tools antivirus. They work great. Only your tool never works.
I tested on 16 friends' computers and different configurations and it also doesn't work for them when the "Search for rootkits" option is enabled! This gives the greatest bug proof this application.

'Never' is a strong word. Something must be common between the computers you mention, because the number of those for whom it does work is vast in comparison. A conflict is not necessarily a bug, and isn't necessarily able to be fixed by us.