Stuck at 95% CPU useage and cannot be stopped.

I pulled my computer from sleep and now Emison protection service (a2AntiMalware) is stuck at 80-97% CPU useage locking up the entire computer. I tried to restart the program but can't  and now the process is just running while it shouldn't anymore. Restarting the computer doesn't help, I've turned off auto-startup the process is always there.

I can't start up the home program anymore either, nothing happens until a message pops up that the service could not be contacted.

I'm forced to type this on my phone as my computer is completely locked up outside of a task manager and desktop.

Hello TeaJay,

If that happens, please begin by restarting the computer. Sleep mode is traditionally a bit flaky, so I'm not entirely surprised by your report.

In case there is something interfering that I can spot, please gather two logs using FRST, a tool used worldwide by malware removal experts for free malware removal and tech support, and attach them to a reply to this email. Instructions can be found here: https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1738/how-do-i-run-a-scan-with-frst/