I'm back again

Gib

Hi Gib, and welcome to the new forum

You know the rules already

=======

Read the following instructions

START HERE, if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread <--click

Prepare and post the required log files into this thread

Wait for reply from ShadowPuterDude, Katana, or JeanInMontana

for assistance and further instructions.

=======

Translation Links for Forum Instructions

My regards

Hi Gib,

Please follow the instruction step-by-step and attach all required log files

(instruction was changed compare that in the old forum)

In addition please briefly describe the problem.

Your a-squared report contained Trace cookies only.

Cookies are harmless and they are not representing threats

(basically all cookies should be removed by running CCleaner prior to the Deep Scan)

My regards

I'm going to post logs a-squared free,iseeyouxp.txt, then hijackfree.

Its hard to give any description other than the pages takes time to load and when it loads you be thinking its done, but when you go to put cursor over the scroller and scroll down it takes a while to respond to you,i.e. that kind of problem. So, basically constant freezing and some crashing at times. BTW, I knew it wouldn't be that easy to find out what the problem was with the fresh logs I've just posted!

You are running 2 Resident Software Firewalls. You only need 1. Having more that 1 resident Software Firewall on your computer will cause problems. They will interfer with each of and create conflicts, causing system performance to suffer.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Uninstall Sygate Personal Firewall this is a very old firewall that is no longer developed.

Your logs show no malware.

How are things running?

You are running 2 Resident Software Firewalls. You only need 1. Having more that 1 resident Software Firewall on your computer will cause problems. They will interfer with each of and create conflicts, causing system performance to suffer.

Uninstall Sygate Personal Firewall this is a very old firewall that is no longer developed.

Your logs show no malware.

How are things running?

I've just uninstalled my Sygate. Things are still running very slowly.

Download -->> OTL <<-- to your desktop.

• Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt.
      Note: These logs can be located in the OTL. folder on you C:\ drive if they fail to open automatically.
    • Attach both logs with your next reply.

You can attach more than 1 file per reply. Keep all attached files in the same reply.

Run OTL.exe

• Copy/paste the following text written inside of the code box into the Custom Scans/Fixes box located at the bottom of OTL
    :OTL
    PRC - C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE (Microsoft Corporation)
    PRC - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskService.exe ()
    SRV - (ASKService [Auto | Running]) -- C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskService.exe ()
    DRV - (Teefer [unknown | Running]) -- Service key not found. File not found
    DRV - (wpsdrvnt [unknown | Running]) -- Service key not found. File not found
    O2 - BHO: (AskBar BHO) - {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar1.dll (Ask.com)
    O3 - HKCU\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Toolbar) - {3041D03E-FD4B-44E0-B742-2D9B88305F98} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar1.dll (Ask.com)

:Reg
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
    "AntiVirusDisableNotify"=-
    "FirewallDisableNotify"=-
    "UpdatesDisableNotify"=-
    "AntiVirusOverride"=-
    "FirewallOverride"=-

:Files
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\*.tmp
    C:\WINDOWS\*.tmp

:Commands
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [start explorer]
    [Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot when it is done
  • Attach the new OTL log ( don't check the boxes beside LOP Check or Purity this time )

AVG is broken. You will need to uninstall AVG, reboot, and install AVG again.

Let me know of any problems you may have encountered with the above instructions and also let me know how things are running now!

You can attach more than 1 file per reply. Keep all attached files in the same reply.

Run OTL.exe

• Copy/paste the following text written inside of the code box into the Custom Scans/Fixes box located at the bottom of OTL
    :OTL
    PRC - C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE (Microsoft Corporation)
    PRC - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskService.exe ()
    SRV - (ASKService [Auto | Running]) -- C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskService.exe ()
    DRV - (Teefer [unknown | Running]) -- Service key not found. File not found
    DRV - (wpsdrvnt [unknown | Running]) -- Service key not found. File not found
    O2 - BHO: (AskBar BHO) - {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar1.dll (Ask.com)
    O3 - HKCU\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Toolbar) - {3041D03E-FD4B-44E0-B742-2D9B88305F98} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar1.dll (Ask.com)

:Reg
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
    "AntiVirusDisableNotify"=-
    "FirewallDisableNotify"=-
    "UpdatesDisableNotify"=-
    "AntiVirusOverride"=-
    "FirewallOverride"=-

:Files
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\*.tmp
    C:\WINDOWS\*.tmp

:Commands
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [start explorer]
    [Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot when it is done
  • Attach the new OTL log ( don't check the boxes beside LOP Check or Purity this time )

AVG is broken. You will need to uninstall AVG, reboot, and install AVG again.

Let me know of any problems you may have encountered with the above instructions and also let me know how things are running now!

The computer seems to be moving better now, but I know that its not at its best possible performance.

Download avz4.zip from here

• Unzip it to your desktop to a folder named avz4
  • Double click on AVZ.exe to run it.
  • Run an update by clicking the Auto Update button on the Right of the Log window: AVZupdate.jpg
  • Click Start to begin the update

Note: If you recieve an error message, chose a different source, then click Start again

• After the update, from the "File" menu, choose "Standard Scripts"
  • Put a check next to item 2: Advanced System Investigation
  • Click Execute selected scripts
  • At the next prompt, click the OK button
  • Let the scan run and click "OK" when the completion prompt pops up
  • Now Close out of the Standard Scripts window, and exit AVZ
  • Navigate to the avz4 folder and locate the folder LOG
  • Inside the LOG folder you will find virusinfo_syscheck.htm and virusinfo_syscheck.zip
  • Attach the Compressed file, virusinfo_syscheck.zip, to your next reply, along with a fresh HijackThis log

Your logs are not showing any malware. Let's use an Anti-RootKit tool.

Download RootRepeal.zip and unzip it to your Desktop.

• Double click RootRepeal.exe to start the program
  • Click on the Report tab at the bottom of the program window
  • Click the Scan button
  • In the Select Scan dialog, check:
  • Drivers
  • Files
  • Processes
  • SSDT
  • Stealth Objects
  • Hidden Services

[*]Click the OK button

[*]In the next dialog, select all drives showing

[*]Click OK to start the scan

Note: The scan can take some time.
DO NOT
run any other programs while the scan is running

[*]When the scan is complete, the Save Report button will become available

[*]Click this and save the report to your Desktop as RootRepeal.txt

[*]Go to File, then Exit to close the program

Attach the report to your reply.

MODERATOR COMMENTS: There is absolutely no need to press the reply with quote button. It adds completely unnecessary text to your responses. Use the Add Reply button at the bottom of the page.

Edited by ShadowPuterDude
Removed unecessary quotes

Most of the time I'm multitasking, but even when I just have one window open, I still have problems with the speed.This one guy I know (whose an expert with computers) kept saying that "Its one of them programs you downloaded that messing with the speed", I even told him that I don't download that much on the computer. I want to let you know that my computer is running just a little bit better and is fine ( as I type this)its just that when I'm in the middle of loading a page, thres freezing going on sometimes longer than 10 seconds!

...I tried installing AVG 9 without much success, they are asking for registration...
Hi Gib,

Installation of free edition may ask about registration but that is not necessary.

{edited} since AVG 8.5 Free is broken as ShadowPuterDude pointed, you many not be able to install over the old one or uninstall the previous version - you need to run special remover program.

If you will not be able to find that information, I can put some links about removing old version / install-over/reinstalling AVG v9 Free into OffTopic later.

My regards

This is the legit site for direct download: http://free.avg.com/ww-en/download?prd=afg#tba2

Check the latest MD5 hash here http://forums.avg.com/au-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=24229

The registration of free edition is a simple procedure where you are presented by the license key from AVG. You cannot avoid it.

note: the cNet link here is still pointing to the old version

My regards

I'm not sure on what to do. I could get a technician out to my house, but they would probably blame it on the fact that my RAM needs updating!

Theres a chance that they can think its something with my computer and miss the fact that its a program after all thats the culprit!