Bizarre interface?

Hello @siversurf,

Welcome to the Emsisoft Support Forums.

Please gather two logs using FRST, a tool used worldwide by malware removal experts for free malware removal and tech support, and attach them to a reply to this email. Instructions can be found here: https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1738/how-do-i-run-a-scan-with-frst/

If the computer uses a non-English default language, before running either FRST.exe or FRST64.exe, please rename the file to "FRST-English.exe". That will assure that systems configured with non-English languages will produce FRST logs that are more easily read on our side.

In cases where a2start is consuming excessive amount of RAM, for no apparent reason, this issue may be caused by a memory leak because of the hardware acceleration being used by the EAM UI.

To resolve this issue requires a change in the hardware acceleration used by the EAM UI.

IMPORTANT: This is an emergency workaround only.

• Shut down protection by right-clicking on the green shield icon in the tray.

• Open the Emsisoft program folder and find skin.ini (or create it if it does not exist)

• Add the following to skin.ini:

[general]

renderer=WARP

• Save the skin.ini to the Emsisoft Program Folder

• Start EAM via start menu

Please allow me to step in here...
(I think it makes no sense to create a separate thread about the same problem)

Frankly, I am 'happy' to see that I am not the only one. Also see my post titled "Is there a way to remove uninstall left overs?"
Uninstalled Emsisoft a few times.
Even did the 'EmsiClean' (tagged the option to remove the Emsisoft folder entirely) 
Re-installed Emsisoft. It did not solve the problem.

There is indeed an empty skini.ini-file in C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
However, even as administrator I can neither edit/rename or delete it nor overwrite it.
Permissions are the same as SYSTEM.

Emsisoft-Interface-01-06112021 053856.png

Emsisoft-Interface-02-06112021 054217.png

On 11/6/2021 at 3:01 PM, emwul64 said:

Matter solved - thanks!

@emwul64 thanks for your help on this, appreciated.
As we like to analyze the cause of this, could you help and perform this please. 

Please gather two logs using FRST, a tool used worldwide by malware removal experts for free malware removal and tech support, and attach them to a reply to this email. Instructions can be found here: https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1738/how-do-i-run-a-scan-with-frst/

If the computer uses a non-English default language, before running either FRST.exe or FRST64.exe, please rename the file to "FRST-English.exe". That will assure that systems configured with non-English languages will produce FRST logs that are more easily read on our side.