Sign in to follow this  
orangeninja

attention Online Armor QAQC testers

kindly start loading up a PC with win7, online armor and Avast/AVG/whatever free antivirus of your choosing and DOCUMENTING what makes OA stop the OS from booting in less than 20 minutes....

i'm sick and frakking tired of installing Online Armor onto a home user's pc just to have them call me and b1tch about the dog-a$$ slow boot up time when OA clashes with the antivirus.

and don't give me the "exclusion" crap, i don't want to hear it. get off your dead a$$ and figure out what is causing the slowdown and FIX IT ALREADY !!

"It'll be fixed in the next version...." horse$h1t... i've been hearing that since win7 came out and its STILL NOT FIXED...

people use your software because its free, its a decent firewall and (up until win7) it worked GREAT !!!

yes, i'm fully aware that i'm complaining about a "free" product... but when people like me (who fix home computers) can't install your software without a neverending string of issues, how in the twelve hells do you expect to GAIN market share ? we used to use ZoneAlarm until they sold out to micro$uck, we used to use BlackIce until they sold out to whomever, and we WANT to keep using and promoting YOUR software...

i WANT to be able to install your software without a dozen caveats...

i WANT to be able to recommend your software to my clients...

i WANT to be able to SELL your software to businesses that ask for my expert opinion...

and most of all i WANT to be able to install your software and WALK AWAY from the computer knowing its well and fully protected... but i cant. because you have conflicts with AV programs...and remote access programs... and who knows whatever else...

so tell your QAQC guys to pull their heads out of their a$$ and get this mess resolved.... your userbase is SICK AND TIRED of excuses. let us know when you're 100% compatible with the real world, or stop wasting our time.

and thanks for everything that worked before.... you USED to have a great product !! and it's my fervent hope you will again !

/rant

Hi orangeninja, welcome to the forum.

...but the tone and a manner of your post is definitely (at least) not friendly

There are thousands of users of OA (different flavours)

There are questions & requests posted here and into the old OA forum

All of them were resolved... when & if users are tolerant and in addition are willing to help providing sufficient information

If you want you can at least provide more detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

...i'm fully aware that i'm complaining about a "free" product... but when people like me (who fix home computers) can't install your software without a neverending string of issues, how in the twelve hells do you expect to GAIN market share ?

It's not a matter of "free" or paid product. Both can be installed and working perfectly

It's a matter of you are being incapable neither installing current Security Software properly and prior to that uninstalling previously present Security properly (I have no doubts/questions about it)

and

in addition providing needed information about the specific issues you are facing

Please calm down & post required information ...

Otherwise :rolleyes: basically: good luck!

My regards

orangeninja it sounds like you got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

You have obviously read the manual on best way to get help on a forum... be rude.

Almost all security software offer advice on one or two things which are things that should be done to allow 'happy computing''

1. Make sure your previous security software is fully uninstalled and if the company provides one, use the 'cleanup tool' they provide.

2. Once OA is installed exclude your other security software in OA exclusions. Do the same with the other product, that is exclude OA from it.

3. Make sure that things that appear in your OA programs list are green in colour and trusted.

4. When coming to the forum try not to stamp your feet, or be childish, instead state examples of your problem along with the OS and programs installed.

...orangeninja it sounds like you got out of bed the wrong side this morning...
Let's hope the next morning will be much better better morning & respectively the attitude :)

Thanks for your post, stapp, which is basically reflecting/supporting all points I was trying to convey in my reply

Changing of current attitude / willing to help/ providing necessary sufficient information

- that's the only way in order to resolve the alleged problem... if any

Cheers!

yes, i'm fully aware that i'm complaining about a "free" product... but when people like me (who fix home computers)

With respect to the above responses.

If you have a 'business' fixing computers, you should never complain about free applications; particularly if you charge for fixing those computers. It sounds like your problem. Perhaps you could oblige with some detail, rather than rant.