OA Monitor Disappearing From Tray

Lode

Hi!

I have been a happy utilizer of OA for years now, but I noticed that after every reboot the handy green little monitor square disappeared from the tray, and I have to get it back there by clicking on the tray bar > Properties > etc...

Is there a way I can keep it appearing there automatically after reboots? The OA shield already always does that.

(I am using Windows 7 64 bits.)

Following the above link to the old OA forum about the tray issue I see:

"You could use TaskbarRepairToolPlus! from hxxp://www(dot)kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm"

This seems to be for Windows xp only. I have Windows 7 64 bits.

.....................................................................................................

"This is a Windows 7 issue.

This is how I correct. There are other ways but this is the easiest.

Step 1 - Open CCleaner and select "Tray Notifications Cache". Then select Analyze and then run.

Step 2 - Open Task Manager and kill process "Explorer.exe". You will notice that the tray and taskbar will disappear - this is ok.

Step 3 - In Task Manager select File->New Task (Run..) At the prompt enter explorer.exe and select Open

Step 4 - All of your tray icons will now be visible. You will have to select those that you want to Show Icons and Notifications."

.....................................................................................................

About CCleaner:

Only in "Register" did I see a scan option. I had it scan everything, and it corrected 17 items.

I also did the Task Manager thing, but only the same icons I always have on the tray appeared again, nothing else. So still no OA monitor, only the shield. :rolleyes:

Then I tried this one for removing old obsolete tray icons, and it did remove them:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/13102-notification-area-icons-reset.html

but although almost all icons had disappeared -except for 3 default ones- and I set all back again, only OA's handy green square did still not return automatically after the next reboot.

I also found the above mentioned CCleaner scan/cleanup old icons trick in a post on the first page of the last given link -and now understanding it, tried it- but still no OA monitor icon after reboot, so back to clicking on the tray > Properties > (etc.)

I guess I'll have to live with this unbearable pc crippling disaster... :D