Official WhatsApp app from Microsoft Store is moved to quarantine

Nicolas

Problem:

From time to time (this is not the first this happens) the WhatsApp app is moved to Emsisoft's quarantine. I reported this before through email and it got fixed, but it is happening again.

The worst part is that if I try to restore from the quarantine, it won't work because Windows doesn't allow to mess with the "Program Files\WindowsApps" folder (but funny enough, it allowed Emsisoft to move it from there).

I would like that you take extra care of the official apps from the Windows App store located in the "Program Files\WindowsApps". I can definetly reinstall the app, but I don't like reconfiguring whatever Emsisoft breaks.

Hello, my namesake :)

Did you try to add patch "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages"  and all "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\" and C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\5319275A.WhatsAppDesktop_cv1g1gvanyjgm folders/apps to white list in Behavior Blocer, and File Guard Module?

Most apps downloaded via Windows Store, are stored there.

Isn't it somewhat risky to whitelist entire system folders?  - ie: "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages"  and all "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\" ?? 

Whitelisting something a lot more specific - eg: "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\5319275A.WhatsAppDesktop_cv1g1gvanyjgm" - seems a lot less of a risk.

• 2 weeks later...