Sign in to follow this  
Illuminati

ОА and Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Mutual control.

Greetings! How correctly to add ОА in exceptions Emsisoft Anti-Malware and on the contrary?Whether it is necessary? Please, in details.

Greetings! How correctly to add ОА in exceptions Emsisoft Anti-Malware and on the contrary?Whether it is necessary? Please, in details.

OA seems to auto allow EAM5 if you have allow trusted enabled.

EAM5 doesn't alert to OA in any way on my machines, I suspect the OA hook takes priority.

At me, on the contrary, Emsisoft Anti-Malware tries to supervise ОА... At a forum the question of mutual control, but the intelligible answer as it correctly to make nobody was many times brought up has given..... Alas!...All only write that is necessary them взаимоисключать and as it to make correctly nobody knows.

This is how i exclude both programs. Although i don't notice any slowdown if i don't exclude the programs...

Thanks a lot ctrlaltdelete,

That's kinda answer that was expected from Gurus like you :)

Few PMs were sent to the Original Poster and to the developer(s).

Unfortunately there were no replies from the developers as a result

Despite I do understand that

... Although i don't notice any slowdown if i don't exclude the programs...
the concerns are still in place for many reasons, including the fact that both products are under Emsisoft management now - therefore, that's expected to be done - automatically in case both products are in place.

What do you think?

No question re: OA - that is the only way ...

From EAM side the exclusion of mentioned <>.EXEs is not all that can be done (hope you understand what I mean), but ... probably enough

You showed BB WhiteLiting. What about different settings of "OnAccess" and/or "OnExecution" ?

How that correlates, when neither Scanner nor File Guard are ticked?

Excuse my "ignorance", but that's again has to be clearly stated somewhere in the documentation

Sure, (some) users can figure that out eventually, but can you point to the right direction where that is described "black on white", so any average user can comprehend?

Cheers!

This is how i exclude both programs. Although i don't notice any slowdown if i don't exclude the programs...

Thank you very much! :) ОА there are no other variants of an exception (only subfolders), and this was absolutely clear. That, as to Emsisoft is Anti-Malware-is more difficult, as there is a multi-variant approach of exceptions. A question essence in the protection purpose-universality at which both programs don't disturb each other taking into account similar functions. At me the computer isn't slowed down. That is not the question:). Whether necessarily to do this mutual exclusion? How mutual exclusion influences protection level?And how absence of mutual exclusion can influence protection level?

... the computer isn't slowed down. That is not the question:).
Thank you 4 the reply Illuminati,

As it was pointed above and many times here (& there) - that depends ...

2 put is as simple as possible - that depends on:

- specific Hardware/Software configurations as a default;

- Hardware/Software configurations when you do upgrades BIOS/drivers/firmwares flashes/etc. ;

- any upgrades of any Software related to the security in place.

The latter can bring surprizes, so you have to be aware of that as well;

- and so on & so forth

Whether necessarily to do this mutual exclusion? How mutual exclusion influences protection level?

"mutual exclusion" should not influence protection level taking into the account what was pointed above, plus the ability of any given security to provide strong self-protection

If you've tested few different security Packages and were trying to shut those (sure considering your/users' experience) - you are the one & only cool B) judge

In addition please re-read the questions posted above (or ask 4 the Russian translation ;) )

Cheers!

Thank you 4 the reply Illuminati,

As it was pointed above and many times here (& there) - that depends ...

2 put is as simple as possible - that depends on:

- specific Hardware/Software configurations as a default;

- Hardware/Software configurations when you do upgrades BIOS/drivers/firmwares flashes/etc. ;

- any upgrades of any Software related to the security in place.

The latter can bring surprizes, so you have to be aware of that as well;

- and so on & so forth

"mutual exclusion" should not influence protection level taking into the account what was pointed above, plus the ability of any given security to provide strong self-protection

If you've tested few different security Packages and were trying to shut those (sure considering your/users' experience) - you are the one & only cool B) judge

Cheers!

To you is easier, because you in it the expert, and I the simple user who doesn't possess profound knowledge. But my simple question only has brought the difficult answer.It is clear that it is clear nothing...

hehe! Posting at the same time (usual stuff) - I've added few words (see above)

Neither the answer by ctrlaltdelete nor by me can be considered as "difficult"

Just wait for the answers by the developers re: White Listing/ Scanner/ File Guard

Cheers man - relax a bit!

hehe! Posting at the same time (usual stuff) - I've added few words (see above)

Neither the answer by ctrlaltdelete nor by me can be considered as "difficult"

Just wait for the answers by the developers re: White Listing/ Scanner/ File Guard

Cheers man - relax a bit!

Gracias.

Gracias.

Ok Guys your Techno-language is beyond my basic computer skills,are you talking about how OA and AM interact together?

I re-installed Online Armor about a month ago and it was working good,then at the Emnisoft Home website I saw Anti-Malware and decided to give it the free month test,so far they are working great together,I assumed by installing both products from the same company they would be designed to compliment each other and there wouldn't be any special considerations or any adjustments I'd have to make... Remember I'm not a real computer "Techie",I just hope and expect they will work together harmoniously.

Everything should be ok without any finessing?

I'm actually so impressed with Anti-Malware so far that I likely will buy it at the end of the free test if no problems occur,this may be the first product in years that I will personally rate better than Avira,or anything else. It's sure come a long way from A-Squared that I tried and used a few years ago(I wasn't impressed). So far I've been periodically running malware scans with some of my other favorite products to see what AM is missing in scans or sneaking into my computer past it,but so far nothing! It seems to do a fantastic job of blocking anything bad getting into my computer,I'm impressed so far,but I'm gonna keep checking for faults... :thumbs:

I bought and very much satisfied them!

Apparently we all here under the impression.And I especially, because Behavior Guard Anti - Malware periodically gives out queries about Online Armor.And if on a forum did not talk about the necessity of mutual exclude of the programs, I and did not ask about it.But while my question without a concrete answer.