t2000kw

Registration required for OA-Free version?

I downloaded and installed the free version (yes, I clicked on the FREE version, not the trial or regular versions) and after a week or two I got a pop-up window asking me to enter my computer name and registration key.

Where do I get that key for the free version?

I reinstalled and the messages didn't come back, but there is a place under the main menu, click on About. There's a place that says To activate new license key click here.

What do I need to do.

One more question I have is if I buy the premium or ++ version, do I get free upgrades for life, or do I have to pay an annual subscription fee?

Thanks!!!

Donald

I'm not sure why you saw this dialog box, but the free version doesn't require a key to install it.

Upgrades for the Premium or ++ version are free while your subscription is current. When you purchase you have the option to choose a 1 year or 2 year subscription. When your subscription has expired, the program continues to function, but if you want access to the latest program updates (and continued use of the Antivirus in the ++ version), you would need to renew your subscription.

Hello,

I had a 4.5 version of OA ++ if I remember well (it was the giveawayoftheday version). At the end of the license I exported the settings and uninstalled it and installed the trial of OA 5 and imported the settings. It didn't worked very well in the sense that the boot time was a bit longer. So I uninstalled and installed the free version (the trial period expired). The boot time improved (I activate learning mode for a while) and having to allow the same program several times till the program remembers the setting is not such a big deal for me, I like OA and the way it works.

The problem that bothers me is the registration window that randomly appears when I boot the pc requiring to buy, activate or choose the free version of the program (similar with what the first poster mentioned). When this is happening OA doesn't start automatically and after I press the free option in the window I have to manually start OA.

Is there a way to make that not happening or is this the normal way OA free is functioning (i.e. random appearance of that window and program not starting)?

And if you don't mind, what is the normal procedure to upgrade to OA 5.1 from 5.0? On top of existing version or uninstalling and installing the new version?

Sorry for the double post, tried to edit but I can't.

Looking to History here it is what I found for the time when the above mentioned window appeared (see the attached file)

Hello,

I had a 4.5 version of OA ++ if I remember well (it was the giveawayoftheday version). At the end of the license I exported the settings and uninstalled it and installed the trial of OA 5 and imported the settings. It didn't worked very well in the sense that the boot time was a bit longer. So I uninstalled and installed the free version (the trial period expired). The boot time improved (I activate learning mode for a while) and having to allow the same program several times till the program remembers the setting is not such a big deal for me, I like OA and the way it works.

The problem that bothers me is the registration window that randomly appears when I boot the pc requiring to buy, activate or choose the free version of the program (similar with what the first poster mentioned). When this is happening OA doesn't start automatically and after I press the free option in the window I have to manually start OA.

Is there a way to make that not happening or is this the normal way OA free is functioning (i.e. random appearance of that window and program not starting)?

And if you don't mind, what is the normal procedure to upgrade to OA 5.1 from 5.0? On top of existing version or uninstalling and installing the new version?

Could you please post a screenshot of this window?

Thanks in advance,

Sorry, didn't take a screenshot of it, it was a little window with the 3 mentioned choices and the fields for activation key (as I remember) or something. As I said it appears randomly at boot time and rarely.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Looking in Options ->License ->(To activate another key click here ) and clicking on here brings up a similar window to what I encountered, if not the same; I can't remember exactly :( .

Could you please post a screenshot of this window?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Andrey, I think this poblem kinda exists. I had OA free installed on my working laptop yesterday, when the installation progress was finished, it said "activating Online Armor", which took a little longer than ususal, and there was a dialog coming up. It was the registration dialog asking me to enter my computer name and key, but a key was already there. Kinda wierd. I thought this is what has changed in the new free version, so I did not capture a screenshot for that. Maybe later I'll try to do a reinstall and see if I can reproduce the problem.