Cannot access EAM Home on one system

I noticed EAM taskbar icon wasn't showing up on one system so I uninstalled and reinstalled EAM Home. Windows shows program as installed though still not on taskbar, though Taskbar options has it set to show there. 

Task Manager shows Emsisoft Protection and Emsisoft Protection Manager loaded. Though EAM is shown in Windows Start menu, I cannot access any function. Windows Firewall is now turned on. Do I have any protection and how to fix this issue?

As usual when I log into MyEmsisoft, this system is shown as "not managed."

Thanks to the experts.

Здравствуйте!

Очень похожая проблема. После обновления ЕАМ до новой версии пропал значок из трея, нет доступа к центру безопасности.

Неоднократная перезагрузка не помогла. Диспетчер задач показывает, что Emsisoft Protection запущен в процессах ..

При попытке запустить ЕАМ через ярлык программы, значок в трее (в правом нижнем углу) появляется на несколько секунд

и снова исчезает. Безопасность Windows требует действия - открыть ЕАМ, делаем клик, программа не запускается ...

Posted here in the German forum area.

https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/40676-eam-startet-nicht-mehr/#comment-224288

Hi,

This is a known problem.

It seems to be a problem with the video driver for the GUI.

We are currently investigating and working on a solution to the problem and hope to be able to provide a solution soon. I don't know when exactly it will be fixed, but I suspect a few hours.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware should continue to work in the background and protect your computer, and you may still be able to use MyEmsisoft under https://my.emsisoft.com/ access it.

We apologize for the problem.

• Like 1

Thanks for the updates, but EAM still is not accessible at 10:50AM. 

I got a reply from an Emsisoft tech but did not understand some of the terms and hope an expert can clarify for me. He proposed a workaround: "When the device is connected to a workspace, disable self-protection for that device."

Does "device" mean the computer system?

What is "a workspace".

"disable self-protection for that device"--what does that mean and how to do it?

Thanks, cma

https://support.emsisoft.com/topic/40677-eam-startet-nicht-mehr/#comment-224350

Hi,

This is a known problem.

It only affects the Emsisoft user interface. Protection runs completely in the background so that the computer is fully protected.

We plan to publish a fix today and we will inform you as soon as it is finished.

We apologize for the problem.

We have issued an hotfix to address this issue.  One more step is needed to start the Emsisoft UI.

Open Notepad.
Copy & paste the below code to Notepad.

@ECHO OFF
CD C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware
a2cmd /u
a2start /warp
EXIT

Save as EAM 2022.1.1 Hotfix.cmd to the Desktop.
Close Notepad.
Right-click on EAM 2022.1.1 Hotfix.cmd and select "Run as administrator".

This will force an update of Emsisoft and then Start the Emsisoft UI using partial hardware acceleration.

Let me know if this did not work.

Tommy, what worked for me was the solution provided by Frank (email) and ShadowPuterDud. However, Workspace has never worked right for me. None of my systems are correctly recognized in my Workspace. I don't see what is the point of Workspace.

To get your system to show up in the workspace, log on to your MyEmsisoft accounts and download a specially tagged installer from the workspace.  lick on the blue "install protection" or it may be labeled "Add device" select "Download".

Do not alter the file name of the installer.  Run that installer on the system.  Because our software is already installed the installer will appear to do nothing. That is expected.

Open Emsisoft on the computer and click on "Update now".  The computer should now be connected to your workspace.

ShadowPuterDude:  Is there any reason to have one's systems connected to the workspace? What is the purpose? Downside of the workspace is that if one has to reinstall EAM on a system, it is not enough to have the License key. You also have to log in to the workspace, which can be very difficult.

I tried your method. When I halted the process after several minutes of "Setting things up" with no result, EAM icon was removed from the taskbar. Fortunately, EAM returned on reboot. Same thing happened a month ago while following instructions from another tech. 

I hope that Emsisoft removes the entire MyEmsisoft/workspace infrastructure as it is a retrogression from the older, simpler method where one needed only a valid license key to reinstall EAM.

License keys are no longer used for activation.  Activation is done by running the installer from the workspace.  You do not need to manage the computer from the workspace. You can always set the management policy to "Local only" from the settings page of the workspace.

Thanks, ShadowPuterDude: "I checked Local only". "Activation is done by running the installer from the workspace."

Since like everyone else with multiple seats, I will undoubtedly have to reinstall EAM in the future. How does one run the installer from the workspace since "Access denied--local only."

• 3 weeks later...

Сегодня() при включении компьютера вышло окно с ошибкой "Ошибка приложения - Что-то пошло не так"
Компонент давший сбой: c:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\a2start.exe
Источник ошибки: Код исключения С0000005.

Перезапуск - результат тот же, удаление и переустановка приложения результата не дала. После удаления при помощи утилиты Emsiclean и повторной инсталляции процессы в диспетчере задач появились, но не могу войти в центр управления программой с ярлыка на рабочем столе(при нажатии на ярлык просто ничего не происходит). Так же нет значка в панели задач ... и появляется вот такое окно

http://s01.geekpic.net/dt-21REHV.png

Они должны получать уведомления о том, что кто-то процитировал их имя в сообщении.

(Извините за мой гугл переводчик на русский:))

Понял ... т.е. нужно подождать, т.к. их имена процитированы Вами

И не нужно извиняться ... всё понятно и с гугл-переводчиком.

Благодарю за отклик на проблему!!!