EAM activity while watching online streams?

What does EAM do when I watch an online stream (Twitch for example)? My PC was mostly idle for 4 hours today besides watching a stream for about 1 h. System statistics show 2.8 GB disk reads and 3.5 GB writes from 'a2service'. EAM protokoll shows nothing interesting, besides cleaning about 100 (very old) application settings.

Thanks.

Chameleon_06-01-_2022_16-47-28.gif

EAM protocoll showed no updates while I checked reads/writes (auto update is set to 'every 4 hours').

Besides, the read/write counters (esp. write confuses me) start to increase significantly when starting a stream, and stop when pausing a stream. So my guess is that watching streams is the reason for this behaviour. This would mean that watching a stream for some hours would really cause much load on the system...

When streaming content there will be significant read/write activity.  Streams are downloaded in chunks and then played.  Whatever you are streaming gets written to the storage device and then read by the player.  Even if you are streaming inside the browser.

Then you also have the activity of the file guard, the behavior blocker, and the web protection modules monitoring at that activity in real -time.

So, the browser writes the chunks in his temp folder (a RAM disk on my system), and EAM/a2service is just associated with this activity because it has to check the incoming data.

I guess it is not possible (or desirable) to keep EAM from checking video stream files; CPU consumption is only 1 to 2% for a2service.

Thanks for this clarification.