Empty notifications

Hi,

Lately EAH has been showing me empty and transparent notification windows when it wants to tell me something. This applies both to the smaller messages sliding in from the side and to larger windows shown in the center of the screen. As I can't respond to them or take any action I have no control of the outcome resulting in unnecessary quarantaining.

The first thing I'd like to try is to just restart the program to see if it solves the problem. However, that's no easy task as neither services nor processes allow me to do this. I understand the need for security behind this but as master of my own computer I still would like to be able to stop a program or service when this is necessary. Is there a proper way to stop EAH?

Willy

I'm not using the most uptodate version of EAM (because still on Win 8.1) but in mine there's an option in "Settings - Advanced" named "Self protection" which when it is enabled tells EAM to prevent config-folder changes and, I think, shutdowns.  If your version of EAM has the same thing try turning it off first.  And remember to turn it back on afterwards.

@WillyV

You could  do a full restart of your machine (not shutdown, select restart) This will allow you then to see if this helps with this EAM problem.

You can also shutdown EAM by right-clicking on its taskbar icon and selecting 'Shutdown Protection. This will cloase EAM and Windows Defender will then offer to take over.

To restart EAM afterwards you will have do it from the left hand Windows start menu selecting Emsisoft Anti-Malware Guard.

42 minutes ago, stapp said:

@WillyV

You could  do a full restart of your machine (not shutdown, select restart) This will allow you then to see if this helps with this EAM problem.

You can also shutdown EAM by right-clicking on its taskbar icon and selecting 'Shutdown Protection. This will cloase EAM and Windows Defender will then offer to take over.

To restart EAM afterwards you will have do it from the left hand Windows start menu selecting Emsisoft Anti-Malware Guard.

Thanks, I had overlooked/forgotten the Shutdown Protection but quite in style with my problem this gives me yet another empty window where I probably would have to complete a captcha. I have many tools running in my daily work environment so I'm reluctant to restart my computer unless it's really necessary. Usually this happens once or twice per month, but I guess it's the only way out at this point.

By the way, my greatnephew and I are big Shaun fans. Baa! 😀

Willy

1 hour ago, JeremyNicoll said:

I'm not using the most uptodate version of EAM (because still on Win 8.1) but in mine there's an option in "Settings - Advanced" named "Self protection" which when it is enabled tells EAM to prevent config-folder changes and, I think, shutdowns.  If your version of EAM has the same thing try turning it off first.  And remember to turn it back on afterwards.

Thanks, Jeremy. The option is still there in the current version but had no effect on shutdown. I would still have to complete the invisible captcha I mentioned in my previous post.

Willy

@WillyV

I would like to get an Emsisoft Diagnostic Report.

Download and run the Emsisoft Diagnostic Tool from http://downloads.malwareteks.com/EmsiDiagTool.exe this is my personal server.  Currently hosting it from this location as I work on the updated version.

Attach the diagnostic report to your reply, it should be on the Desktop.