xqr12

OA cannot remember my decision

OA cannot remember my decision when I use chrome plugin.

totally terminate chrome, restart it again and use plugins(e.g. IE Tab), the popup shows again though I have already ticked "remember my decision"

OA cannot remember my decision when I use chrome plugin.

totally terminate chrome, restart it again and use plugins(e.g. IE Tab), the popup shows again though I have already ticked "remember my decision"

Are you sure it's really about the same application?

Best regards,

Andrey.

Does blackfishietab.dll show up in OA's program's list as Allowed after you answer the popup?

Actually it does not appear in the program's list after I allowed it.

so...I should manually add it into trusted list?

If you have "Hide trusted" unticked and still don't see blackfishietab.dll, then adding it and making sure it's set to Allowed and Trusted is certainly worth a try :)

Hi!

I use OA 5 free and have similar issue with the 2GIS program (2GIS, in Russian, sorry). This is city map with additional modules. When I run this program, OA asks me about that modules. As you can see, I check "remember", "trust" and press "Allow". Next time I have the same questions. This modules are in green (fig5), some of them are signed, so they are trusted, but OA doesn't remember my decision. The solution is to exclude 2gis folder.

Hi!

I use OA 5 free and have similar issue with the 2GIS program (2GIS, in Russian, sorry). This is city map with additional modules. When I run this program, OA asks me about that modules. As you can see, I check "remember", "trust" and press "Allow". Next time I have the same questions. This modules are in green (fig5), some of them are signed, so they are trusted, but OA doesn't remember my decision. The solution is to exclude 2gis folder.

Hi alexo2003,

Could you please get some logs and send them to oasupport (at) emsisoft (dot) com (please include the link to this topic in your email).

Best regads,

Andrey.

P.S.

OA does not automatically trust each digitally signed program.

UPDATE:

Installed the 2GIS and answered the same popups you've answered, then closed the 2GIS and restarted it - the popups did not occur for the same modules.

alexo2003, are you sure that the popups were for the same modules and not for the modules with just same names? Just a guess - maybe 2GIS just got updated and you've needed to answer the popups again?

I have the same problem - every time I start up my PC I have to sit and wait till I see the pink dialog asking me if I am going to allow and trust MailWasherPro.exe. Every day I allow and trust it and every day it asks me again.

I'm running:

Windows XP SP3 with all updates

AVG free version 9.0

Online Armor Free version 4.5.something.431, last update sometimes in February.

I am reluctant to open the OA console and start messing about because usually after I do a few things, it hangs up itself and the entire computer and I have to shut down and restart. But I did check that MailWasherPro and all its components are trusted already.

Any pointers??

The latest version of OA Free is 5.0.0.1097 so you might want to download this version from here http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/oa/. If you decide to do a clean install, you can choose the "Trust everything" option which should sort out the problem. You can also try an upgrade install though and see what happens. If you still have the same problem, you can rerun the Safety Check Wizard from Options -> General and choose "Trust everything from there instead :)

Alternatively, you could try deleting the entries in the Program's list that relate to MailWasher and let OA redetect them from scratch which can sometimes help when people have similar trouble.

The latest version of OA Free is 5.0.0.1097 so you might want to download this version from here http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/oa/. If you decide to do a clean install, you can choose the "Trust everything" option which should sort out the problem. You can also try an upgrade install though and see what happens. If you still have the same problem, you can rerun the Safety Check Wizard from Options -> General and choose "Trust everything from there instead :)

Alternatively, you could try deleting the entries in the Program's list that relate to MailWasher and let OA redetect them from scratch which can sometimes help when people have similar trouble.

Thanks - I have used the 'check for updates' on the main window several times and it's never told me there's an update, it always says there aren't any... I will try an upgrade install and see if it works out.

I'm running:

AVG free version 9.0

Hi Fotyc,

Have you added AVG to OA's Exclusions and OA to AVG's exclusion-list?

Please, when adding AVG to OA's Exclusions don't forget to tick the box on the left side to include subforders.

Regards,

N.

Hi Fotyc,

Have you added AVG to OA's Exclusions and OA to AVG's exclusion-list?

Please, when adding AVG to OA's Exclusions don't forget to tick the box on the left side to include subforders.

Regards,

N.

Yes, thanks, I did that awhile ago to keep OA and AVG from tying each other in knots!

This seems to have resolved my problem. And the dashboard/interface is much better too! I guess I gave it a new, better brain...

Glad OA is working better for you now :)