Sign in to follow this  
MichaelT

Developers please look here!

So I upgraded from 4.5 to 5.0,,,,,,and did what I thought would be best with a new install.

I ran the 'Run Safety check Wizard'.

When it finished, I had a lot of programs to check, but the GUI would NOT let me have the option of RunSafer, Trust, Delete, Ask, Block.

The only option to proceed was to ALLOW,,,as it allowed all and did not give me the option to block processes that I do not want to run.

Now, I have to check EVERY outgoing connection, or, go thru the whole list and look at each entry.

MichaelT,

I assume it's about the Autoruns window and you didn't see the buttons at all?

What screen resolution and DPI settings do you use?

If you try again, and the buttons are still missing, does resizing the GUI make the buttons appear?

MichaelT,

I assume it's about the Autoruns window and you didn't see the buttons at all?

What screen resolution and DPI settings do you use?

If you try again, and the buttons are still missing, does resizing the GUI make the buttons appear?

>What screen resolution and DPI settings do you use?

-18.5", 1920x1080P, 32bit

>Autoruns window and you didn't see the buttons at all?

-Yes the buttons were there

-No, they did not give me the option to chose anything other than ALLOW, the only button that worked.

>If you try again, and the buttons are still missing

-The buttons were not missing

I will quote myself: "GUI would NOT let me have the option of RunSafer, Trust, Delete, Ask, Block. The only option to proceed was to ALLOW"

Tonight being Saturday night, I will do the 'Run Safety Check Wizard' again and see if the problem duplicates itself.

FYI,,,,Just added W7 SP1 prior to updating OA to 5.0

OK ctrlaltdelete, this is what I got this time..............

1) Run Safety Check Wizard > Completed

2) Processing Wizard > BLANK, NOTHING ON THE SCREEN

3) No buttons work except for: Minimize, Maximize, Close, Help, and when I pressed the Close Button I got the extra Pop up Warning.

4) Will run the Safety Check Wizard a 3rd time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,#@!%#

#@!%#,,,,,Ran the Safety check Wizard a 3rd time.

Run Safety Check Wizard > Step-by-step-wizard > Next > Press the Next button to navigate through each checkpoint > Next > Options GUI

The program didn't fulfill its obligation to CHECK the processes that were running on the PC.

It's assuming that the previous permissions given are still granted, permissions that it would NOT let me adjust the first time(updated program).

Is there any way to get the program to actually CHECK the processes that are running on the PC and allow me to, RunSafer, Trust, Delete, Ask, Block, from the 'Run Safety Check Wizard'.

Is there any way to get the program to actually CHECK the processes that are running on the PC and allow me to, RunSafer, Trust, Delete, Ask, Block, from the 'Run Safety Check Wizard'.

Most, if not all, processes will be recognized as trusted processes and will not show up in the Safety Check Wizard. Only unknown processes, autostarters, drivers etc. will be shown.

See also: http://www1.emsisoft.com/en/info/oa/RunningSCW.html

If you accidentally allowed and or trusted unknown processes, drivers, autoruns etc. you could check the Programs list and Autoruns list after unchecking the "Hide trusted" checkbox and change the settings (RunSafer, Trust, Allow, Block) for those programs.

I guess a clean install of OA with the latest setup file would be easier. Don't forget to reboot twice after uninstalling OA.

Most, if not all, processes will be recognized as trusted processes and will not show up in the Safety Check Wizard. Only unknown processes, autostarters, drivers etc. will be shown.

See also: http://www1.emsisoft.com/en/info/oa/RunningSCW.html

If you accidentally allowed and or trusted unknown processes, drivers, autoruns etc. you could check the Programs list and Autoruns list after unchecking the "Hide trusted" checkbox and change the settings (RunSafer, Trust, Allow, Block) for those programs.

I guess a clean install of OA with the latest setup file would be easier. Don't forget to reboot twice after uninstalling OA.

Doing the:

Uninstall > Reboot > Reboot > Turn off avast > Turn off MBAM > Turn off Spybot > Install OA > Allow list > Exclude avast > Exclude MBAM > Exclude Spybot > Turn on avast > Turn on MBAM > Turn on Sptbot

is faster?????

BTW,,,If you actually did read my 1st post, you wouldn't of posted "If you accidentally allowed and or trusted unknown processes", and have the arrogance to and belittle and demean me.

As it is, reading and comprehension skills is an issue for you as all this was covered in my 2nd post.

Program and GUI issues were covered in my 3rd post.

You have been no help whatsoever, clean install was my next on my list.

EMSISOFT should consider limiting your participation in this forum

Micheal I can see no way in which ctrlaltdelete has tried to belittle or demean you.

I can only assume your lack of manners is because of your frustration in trying to use the program.

When you do the wizard are you trying to set up how you want them to run from within the wizard?

Are you rebooting into learning mode after the wizard? (because that is when you can set up all your settings as you want them)

It seems quite logical to me that if you have made a bit of a screw up with your upgrade it may indeed be best do a clean install.

You are aware that you could have saved all your settings in 4.5 and restored them in version 5?

Micheal I can see no way in which ctrlaltdelete has tried to belittle or demean you.

I can only assume your lack of manners is because of your frustration in trying to use the program.

When you do the wizard are you trying to set up how you want them to run from within the wizard?

Are you rebooting into learning mode after the wizard? (because that is when you can set up all your settings as you want them)

It seems quite logical to me that if you have made a bit of a screw up with your upgrade it may indeed be best do a clean install.

You are aware that you could have saved all your settings in 4.5 and restored them in version 5?

To add to what Stapp said, posting as you last did, doesn't provide a strong incentive for the volunteers here to help you. It could be your question was misunderstood as the answer lies right in the help file.

Wizard – This section scans your system to identify any Trusted or Not-Trusted programs possible. Any sections of the Safety Check Wizard that can be automatically configured using the Trusted programs list will be shown here as "Passed". Any areas listed as "Needs Attention" contain programs that are Unknown and need your approval to allow or block these Unknown programs so that you are not alerted the next time they try to run.

The bold underline is mine.

So the answer to your question, is all the options aren't there.

Remember this is set for the average user. So your best bet might be to run the trusted install, and then go back and change the few programs you want to change. Either way you do it you will have to manually configure programs you want to customize.

Pete