Jump to content

Ad Muncher & Online Armor conflict !


KRoZ
 Share

Recommended Posts

I did this 3 days and tested and now currently works seamlessly is good working

Do you have some other tool enabled for protection if is windows firewall enabled please disable work with one firewall do not use two firewall

windows firewall is disabled .. I'm sure the problem with OA

Thanks to everyone who has helped me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have latest, licensed versions of OA, EAM and AdMuncher. I'm new to OA and EAM. I've used AdMuncher for many years. Same problem as others - adverts are not blocked by AdMuncher. For the first time in years I'm getting online casino pop-unders.

So now I'm supposed to go through a whole bunch of uninstalling, re-installing and reboots? Is that the best that can be offered here?

Sean

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have latest, licensed versions of OA, EAM and AdMuncher. I'm new to OA and EAM. I've used AdMuncher for many years. Same problem as others - adverts are not blocked by AdMuncher. For the first time in years I'm getting online casino pop-unders.

So now I'm supposed to go through a whole bunch of uninstalling, re-installing and reboots? Is that the best that can be offered here?

Sean

I seem to have fixed this by removing leftover Mamutu files, which wasnt running but seemed to still be loading a2hooks32.dll from the Mamutu directory. I had previously installed Mamutu when evaluating Emsisoft products and it hadnt fully uninstalled.....

Hopefully I havent broken any core EAM or AO functions, but everything seems OK and AdMuncher is filtering again :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Spoke too soon: since upgrading to EAM 6, Ad Muncher has once again been blocked from filtering.

Ad Muncher dev says the problem is entirely due to EAM and OA.

I'll dump an anti-malware solution before I'll dump Ad Muncher - there's lots of good anti-malware solutions nowadays, but only one Ad Muncher. Nothing beats Ad Muncher when it comes to blocking unwanted browser junk.

Sean

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Until we were able to reproduce and fix the problem I would suggest the following workaround:

  1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Switch to the "File Guard" settings by selecting "File Guard" in the left hand menu and switching to the "File Guard" tab.
  3. Click on the "Manage whitelist" link.
  4. Add a new item of type "Process" for your browser and make sure only the "Behavior Guard" check box is ticked.
  5. Click "OK".

This will exclude your browser from Emsisoft Anti-Malware's surf protection and behavior monitoring and should allow AdMuncher to work correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Until we were able to reproduce and fix the problem I would suggest the following workaround:

  1. Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  2. Switch to the "File Guard" settings by selecting "File Guard" in the left hand menu and switching to the "File Guard" tab.
  3. Click on the "Manage whitelist" link.
  4. Add a new item of type "Process" for your browser and make sure only the "Behavior Guard" check box is ticked.
  5. Click "OK".

This will exclude your browser from Emsisoft Anti-Malware's surf protection and behavior monitoring and should allow AdMuncher to work correctly.

All good, except it turns out the problem is OA, not EAM. If I shut Ad Muncher, then completely shut OA, then load Ad Muncher, adverts are filtered correctly by Ad Muncher. If I then load OA, Ad Muncher immediately stops filtering. So OA is off.

I think I'll look for another firewall - OA is sucking up too much of my time.

Sean

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...