Sign in to follow this  
Hanziness

Online Armor "kills" itself?

Good afternoon!

I have recently installed Online Armor 4.5 Free on my computer - because of the Avast! problem...

Now, on the third day, it "killed" itself, blocked lots of system files at startup, didn't let me allow things etc. - and Avast! Web Shield was turned off - it's module was disabled so I couldn't enable it...

I had to reinstall both of them in safe mode and now - after 3 hours of waiting - they are working.

I had a similar problem some weeks ago, when I started a program, a system crash occurred and Online Armor's User Interface didn't want to start, blocked everything I tried to start - including it's own executables.

I checked my system with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Avast! and SUPERAntiSpyware but no results.

When it started after reinstalling and activated itself, it didn't finish learning mode. I rebooted and it's working.

Should I try to install the newest version of Online Armor (5.0)

What could I do? I don't want to reinstall them 2-3 times a week.

Thank you.

This problem may occur when Avast! is not in the Exclusions list of OA and OA is not in the Exclusions list of Avast! File System Shield. However, I suppose you have already set those exclusions.

This problem may occur when Avast! is not in the Exclusions list of OA and OA is not in the Exclusions list of Avast! File System Shield. However, I suppose you have already set those exclusions.

Ok, I added each other to the exclusion lists. Thank you.

I'll report back if anything strange happens.

You're welcome, Hanziness.

P.S. - Please, be sure to also check the box on the left hand to include subfolders in OA's Exclusions

Should I try to install the newest version of Online Armor (5.0)

I'm not sure what version you are running currently, but it's always recommended to update to the latest version :)

I'm running the 4.5 version of Online Armor, but when I last checked the website (online-armor.com), I saw that the latest version is 4.5

I think I let the current version do its job, I hope it won't wreck my system again...

Oh and when I started my computer, at boot, before I could log in, a message appeared with the blue background: "Várjon..." - it means "Wait...". I had to wait about 5-6 seconds and then I could log in and everything loaded correctly. I hope this isn't a bad sign.