johkaz

CLOSED Emsisoft Anti-Malware Keeps Stopping

Hi,

Please pardon me, but i am a newbie here and i have a question that i wonder if anyone can help me with?

Whenever i run the Emsisoft Anti-Malware program on a Deep Scan.

The program stops after about 9 minutes, and i get an error screen come up about the Emsisoft Anti-Malware service has stopped.

'A problem caused the application to stop working. Windows will notify you if a solution is avaliable.'

And i get a pop up come up on my Taskbar saying:

'Emsisoft Anti-Malware Service was closed'

'To help protect your computer, Data Execution Prevention has closed Emsisoft Anti-Malware service.'

'Click here to learn more.'

I find this strange as it closes at the total Files: 73726 every time, but for the Smart Scan for the file below it scanned a total of Files: 95491.

Can anyone help me, as it is starting to annoy me that i cannot do a Full scan of C:\, D:\, E:\, F:\, G:\, H:\, I:\, J:\, K:\

Many thanks in advance.

Gary

If you are using a paid version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware (EAM), uninstall AVG2011. If you are using the trial version of EAM, disable AVG2011.

After you have done the above run a Deep Scan with EAM. Still getting: 'Emsisoft Anti-Malware Service was closed'

'To help protect your computer, Data Execution Prevention has closed Emsisoft Anti-Malware service.'

Hi,

I have disabled the AVG Free 2011 program and run the Deep Scan again.

But i am still getting the same result as shown in the attached file, plus i am also getting the same Data Prevention problem.

And the last file i noticed it was scanning was an AVG one, before it stopped working and shut down.

The version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware that i am using is - Free Version 5.1.0.10.

Thanks.

Gary

This sounds like a conflict with AVG. In EAM exclude the entire AVG folder and then run a deep scan. Still get the Data Execution Prevention?

On the Scan PC screen, click-on "Manage Whitelist". Under "Type" select Folder. Under "Item" add the entire AVG folder, it should be in Program Files. Make sure that Scanner, File Guard, and Behavior Guard are checked. Click "OK".

Now when you scan with EAM it should skip the entire AVG folder.

I must caution that you should use the Whitelist feature sparingly. You could miss infected files that would otherwise be found without Whitelisting.

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply and the instructions.

But i am afraid that with the whole AVG folder in the Whitelist.

The Deep Scan still stops at the same spot with the same error.

Thanks.

Gary

I really don't think the system is infected. Data Execution Prevention is a defense mechanism that is built into Windows, which is meant to keep malicious code from executing.

You may need to uninstall AVG and change to another free anti-virus. Such as, Microsoft Security Essential, Avast, or Avira.